Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Student Dietitian Clinical Placement
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The student intern supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
The student intern functions as part of the dialysis health care team in providing medical nutrition therapy for patients under the direct supervision of a registered dietitian in accordance with FMCNA policies, procedures, and training and in compliance with regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
Dietetic Intern: An individual who currently is enrolled in a Dietetic Internship or a university-based Coordinated Program in Dietetics accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
The dietetic student/intern may under direct guidance of the Renal Dietitian:
- Review of Renal Nutrition Basics and other applicable components of the Orientation and Training requirements of staff dietitians
- Review the typical workflow for the Renal Dietitian, and/or Role of the RD
- Conduct a nutrition interview with a patient
- Calculate a diet prescription recommendation
- Provide nutrition counseling to patient/designated caregiver on the prescribed renal diet
- Collect data for initial, 90 day, semi-annual (if applicable by State), and annual Comprehensive Interdisciplinary Assessments
- Assist the registered dietitian in development and implementation of nutrition plan of care
- Review monthly nutrition data with patients and/or designated caregivers
- Practice writing monthly nutrition progress notes
- Provide input to the development and implementation of nutrition plan of care
- Create nutrition related projects for patients or staff (such as, bulletin board, patient/staff education handouts, games, lobby activity)
- Attend Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement and /or other interdisciplinary team meetings with the registered dietitian, and participate as appropriate
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
Bachelors or Master's degree in Nutrition or Dietetics; or current enrollment in an accredited Coordinated Program in Dietetics.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
Preferred outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers. Possess the desire to deliver superior care to our patients and embrace Fresenius' mission and values.
The Intern cannot work under the supervision of a family member.
The Intern cannot care for a patient who is a family member. If an Intern's family member is a patient at the facility in which they work, the Intern will be scheduled to work on days the patient is not in the facility or will be assigned to another patient.
The Clinical Manager assigns and closely monitors all Dietetic Intern assignments with direct supervision from a Registered Dietitian based on the agreed education plan.
Performs additional duties as assigned.
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.