About this role: As a Facility Administrator with Fresenius Medical Care, you will manage and oversee the daily operations of the dialysis clinic. You will collaborate with the Medical Director and the Charge Nurse regarding the provision of quality patient care in the dialysis clinic.
Training and advancement: You will enter our Clinical Leadership Program that creates and supports a culture of continuous learning for our managers. The curriculum will cover onboarding, essential functions, leading your business, and advanced leadership. As a Facility Administrator, you may advance your career into a Director of Operations then senior leadership role.
Our culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset — we value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your education goals, granting scholarships to family members, delivering relief when natural disasters strike, or providing financial support when personal hardship hits, we take care of our people.
Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing environment that welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, background, and cultural tradition. We have a diverse range of employee resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees with similar interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or experiences to come together for professional and personal development, discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse workforce and culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manages the operations of the clinic, including costs, processes, staffing, and quality standards.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports.
- Partners with internal Human Resources, Quality, and Technical Services departments.
- Collaborates with the Home Therapies Manager to oversee the facility’s Home Therapies Program.
- Maintains integrity of medical and operations records and complies with all data collections and auditing activities.
- Manages clinic financials including efficient utilization of supplies or equipment and regular profits and loss review.
- Responsible for all required network reporting and on-site state or federal surveys.
- Coordinates inventory/supply management by reviewing monthly inventory count and approving purchase orders for necessary items to ensure cost containment, timely distribution, and competitive pricing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Collaborates closely with the Charge RN, the Medical Director, and physicians regarding the direct patient care responsibilities within the facility.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care from admission through discharge of the patient.
- Monitors patient and family education regarding access care including medical instructions.
- Acts as a resource for the patient and family to address concerns and questions and reviews patient satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of new team members and ensures completion of new hiring orientation and mandatory trainings.
- Responsible for all patient care employees completing appropriate training courses and that licensures and certifications are current.
- Provides support for all clinical staff members at regular intervals and encourages professional growth.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding company benefits, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Completes employee evaluations and establishes annual goals.
- Documents any disciplinary actions and confers with the clinic Director of Operations and Human Resources when needed.
- Manages staff scheduling and payroll.
- Facilitates the application process for physician privileges and compliance with Fresenius Medical Care Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Responsible for strong physician relationships and ensures regular and effective communication.
- Participates in Governing Body, an interdisciplinary team for each region including MSWs, Dietitians, MDs, DOs etc. that governs policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 4+ years of business operations experience in a healthcare facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work, facility staff, and physicians.
- Position may require travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community and/or travel to regional, business unit and corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a healthcare facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.