Medical Transcriptionist I
Medical Transcriptionist I - Pompano Beach,FL - Monday-Friday (Rotational Saturday)
Responsible for transcribing specialty dictation from all members of the medical/clinical staff via recorded dictation and sorts/files copies of transcribed reports. Performs other clerical duties as required.
- Primarily responsible for transcribing gross description and may transcribe microscopic diagnosis and other clinical information into LIS
- Make corrections/edits to reports, as per Pathologist instructions
- Provide verbally, STAT and malignant results to clients, as applicable
- Obtain patient clinical history, as applicable
- May participate in the training of new staff members
- Prepare outside consultation cases for send-out to the client, as applicable
- Maintain Send-out/Consultation log, as applicable
- May select pathologist QC cases (PASR)
- May assign CPT codes, once required training is completed and documented
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct problem or immediately notify general supervisor, technical supervisor or director
- Understand and follow all applicable standard operating procedures for job-related responsibilities, to include Pathologist Electronic Signature Guidelines SOP
- All other duties as assigned
Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
0-3 years transcription experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Strong Data Entry skills
- Good clerical, organizational, phone and communication skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)