Specimen Technician I
Specimen Technician I – Chantilly,VA -Tueday-Saturday (4:00am) (temp to perm for Mary)
Do you have strong organization skills and attention to detail? Are you looking to join a Fortune 500 company leading the world in providing diagnostic information services to kick start your career? Quest Diagnostics is recruiting for specimen processors/ lab assistants to join our team!
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- 15 PTO days first year
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided!
- Data entry of test orders, presort, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory, centrifugation and aliquoting
- Process specimens to be sent out to additional facilities
- Prepare laboratory specimens for various analysis and testing
- Identifies problems and in some cases, may resolve issues with specimen types such as missing information etc.
- Understands the relationship between tests ordered and specimen received
- HS diploma or equivalent
- No experience required
- Previous experience in a production or medical environment preferred
- Must have flexibility, majority of work on the nightshift, but based on staffing needs weekends, holidays, on call and overtime may be required