Hospital Lab Supervisor
Hospital Lab Supervisor - Perth Amboy, NJ - Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Quest Diagnostics is hiring a Hospital Lab Supervisor in Perth Amboy, NJ. This role is a hospital-based position at Raritan Bay Medical Center.
*Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required, which must include the primary doses and the booster dose if eligible – exemptions from vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons will be considered if a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the non-exempt lab personnel on multiple shifts. Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results.
- Oversees staff and activities of the department,
- Distributes/assigns work
- Determines priorities
- Schedules non-routine procedures
- Performs personnel related functions (hiring, terminations, discipline, training, etc.).
- Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques.
- May duplicate work of others to confirm test results.
- Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation.
- Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
- Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
- Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
- Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
- Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
Required Work Experience:
5+ years’ experience in laboratory environment
Preferred Work Experience:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Knowledge of the general laboratory services and testing requirements
- Ability to work with hospital and laboratory personnel in meeting the standards for clinical testing
- Ability to lead subordinate staff in the performance of their duties.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with physicians, hospital and company leadership, staff and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a very dynamic team environment.
- Strong client interaction skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.