Patient Driver - Per Diem
In this role, you will pick up patients and drive them back and forth from their homes to our outpatient surgery center on an as needed basis.
Job is Monday through Friday.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for the safe, expeditious delivery and pick-up of apheresis equipment and supplies to assigned medical facilities and defined locations. Responsibilities include driving a ¾ ton pick-up truck and operating the truck within Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and guidelines.
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and division/company policy requirements.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Picks up and delivers Apheresis equipment from/to assigned medical facilities according to established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Performs all duties and functions with the goal to achieve OSHA-related targets for recordable incidents and lost time incidents.
- Review truck’s checklist of responsibilities prior to operating truck. Vehicle related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains binder with current hospital information in truck (directions, address, etc) to ensure efficiency and timeliness in deliveries.
- Logs mileage and fuel levels.
- Performing pre and post trip inspections of assigned vehicle. Identify problems and address appropriately.
- May perform routine maintenance on truck, checking oil and gas weekly.
- Maintain truck mileage log.
- Unloading and loading freight as required according to specified procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining cleanliness of truck, machines and carts.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner.
- May set up product and/or place product on shelves or racks at customer sites.
- Performs rotation and inventory checks of existing product ensuring that an adequate inventory is available for customers.
- Orders all supplies at area storage facility as needed, reporting supply inventory monthly.
- Stocks carts and bins with medical supplies as needed.
- Ensures adequate supply of forms required by nurse managers are stocked in the carts – these include but are no limited to patient assessment forms, treatment sheets, order forms, various medical forms, equipment service reports etc.
- Moves machines and equipment weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Operates material-handling equipment safely and efficiently according to established procedures as required.
- May take note of and possibly resolve customer complaints. Reports more complex issues and complaints to Regional Manager for resolution. Observes and reports any pertinent anomalies at customer sites/medical facilities.
- Delivers patient charts to area office on a weekly basis.
- Adheres to all federal and state specific DOT regulations including, but not limited to GVW (Gross Vehicle weight) and hours of service.
- Identifies and recommends options for route improvements to management as appropriate.
- Participates in monthly/quarterly/annual training for Good Manufacturing Practices, Health & Safety, and Compliance.
- Maintains current knowledge of all annually revised regulatory standards (OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA, and any state specific agencies).
- Maintains a satisfactory driving record, driving safely and within legal speed limits.
- Acts responsibly, refraining from alcohol consumption while on duty and from smoking while in the truck or in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy physical work with frequent lifting and carrying of objects 25 – 50 pounds on a repetitive basis required. Some deliveries may require carrying product up multiple flights of stairs. This position requires extended periods of sitting, standing and walking. Operation of truck may average 6 to 11 hours per day.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- A clean driving record for the past 5 years
- Drivers must have current driver’s license,
- Must be able to read and understand English,
- Must have good communication skills – written (must write legibly) and verbal
- Must be able to use a cell and pager.
- Must have computer skills
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.