Home Therapy Program Manager (Fairfield)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manages patient care in home therapies programs while maintaining cost-effective clinical operations. Provides direction and guidance to the interdisciplinary team providing care to the Home Therapies patients to ensure that the highest standard of care is provided. Collaborates with the Business Unit management team to grow the assigned Home Therapies programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the operations of multiple Home Therapies programs with direct responsibility for results, including growth, patient retention, program costs, operational methods, scheduling, and staffing.
- Directs activities related to the area’s strategic plans, goals and objectives ensuring alignment with those of the region, division, and company. Implements quality goals and action plans to achieve quality standards.
- Collaborates with operations leaders, market development, in-center leadership and patient education and quality teams to promote home therapies growth in assigned programs.
- Responsible for profit and loss management of the assigned program including optimal performance of program operations to achieve or exceed budgets and key performance indicators.
- Directs and manages all aspects of patient care for Home Therapies patients in assigned programs from admission through discharge of the patient. Provides direction, guidance, and support to staff members to ensure the safe and effective delivery of home therapy support care to patients with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
- Oversees patient and caregiver readiness and ability to perform dialysis treatments at home and assesses environment for suitability in the ongoing delivery of home dialysis therapy, including training patients and caregivers on the safe and effective operation and preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Manages patient experience efforts by supporting company patient satisfaction initiatives, embodying the company values and patient experience drivers while encouraging others to do the same.
- Ensures competency of staff in the operation of all home dialysis therapy-related equipment, including the ability to troubleshoot equipment problems with the patient via telephone, maintaining appropriate staff licensures and CPR certifications.
- Responsible for management of program supplies, equipment tracking, ensures that orders are replenished in a consistent and timely manner.
- Directs activities related to the Continuous Quality Assurance Improvement, patient retention and Clinical Algorithm Adoption, patient access management and patient training success.
- Directs data entry related activities such as patient admission, regulatory reporting, billing, physician orders, lab results, vital signs, patient status and any other treatment related data into systems.
- Ensures regulatory, compliance, and audit activities are accomplished on time.
- Orients and supports all new home therapies staff and provides ongoing education, ensuring compliance with all risk management initiatives, including in-center staff.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Provides leadership, coaching, and development plans for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce, partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with ambulation. Equipment used can vary in complexity. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. up as high as 5 feet. There is a two-person assist program and "material assist" devices for the heavier items.
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and/or walking and the employee must be able to bend over.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. The Company will consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- Travel required between assigned facilities and various locations within the region up to 25% of the time. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Home Therapies staff.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (R.N.) Advanced education preferred. Current appropriate state licensure.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of one year nursing experience plus a minimum of six months dialysis nursing experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated management skills necessary to provide leadership in the supervision of dialysis personnel and to ensure the delivery of maximum quality care to all patients.
- Demonstrated leadership competencies and skills for the position, including excellent communication, customer service, continuous quality improvement, relationship development, results orientation, team building, motivating employees. Performance management and decision making.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification with maintenance as required.