Director, Software Engineering
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will assist with the hiring, developing, and nurturing of great product development teams. You will inspire and assist assigned teams in building high-value products for Vizient and its members. You will also collaborate with Product Strategy Management, UX, Enterprise/Solution Architecture, Support, Operations, and Development Operations to make sure products assigned to you are built and operated to expected quality standards. You will act as a change agent, working with multiple stakeholders, to improve current technical and operational processes, as well as provide thought leadership and bring new ideas to the table.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to foresee staff capacity needs and work with functional heads and others to plan for expansion as necessary.
- Work with peers across the organization to foster consistency and alignment.
- Collaborate with principals, architects, and teams to guide and monitor application architecture design for compliance and sound engineering practices.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Quality Assurance (QA), and support team to ensure optimum development and operations.
- Help coordinate complex projects/programs spread over multiple agile teams.
- Act as an escalation point for production high severity issues as needed.
- Drive alignment between stakeholder groups and coordinate any cross-functional dependencies.
- Keep abreast of external technology trends, internal technology road maps and proactively steer staff development towards the right skill-mixes.
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring, and ongoing performance management responsibilities for assigned engineers
- Mentor and coach teams and leadership on emerging agile, lean, and engineering practices and demonstrated ability to build and apply effective Agile delivery structures with multiple Agile teams.
- Create and administer an individualized development plan for direct reports.
- Relevant degree preferred in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- 7 or more years' relevant experience is required.
- Experience with cloud-native architecture, Azure preferred.
- Experience designing and deploying large-scale data applications.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Estimated Hiring Range:$131,300.00 - $195,400.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.