Lift Team Tech II, Per Diem - Westwood
Primary functions of the Lift Team Tech II Per diem include
lifting, turning, transferring, and repositioning patients requiring moderate
to total assistance. Lift team members
may also perform patient transport, supply delivery, teaching and training functions, limited clerical duties,
equipment maintenance/cleaning and other activities as directed. Assignments may vary between day or night
shifts, and participation in weekend coverage is required.
* CPR or BLS Certification directly through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association (not an affiliated agency).
* Ability to safely perform repetitive bending, stooping, squatting, standing, sitting during an eight to twelve-hour day. Normal duties involve frequent lifting (up to 35 pounds without equipment), transferring patients, pushing a wheelchair or gurney up to 500 feet.
* Sufficient dexterity and strength to perform standard duties including assisting in patient care, documentation and equipment use.
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients and staff from varied cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
* Skill in making appropriate and effective decisions based on the needs of the patients, priorities of the department, and the department and medical center's policies and procedures.
* Ability to work as a member of the team, including sharing knowledge, giving and receiving feedback, taking initiative to assist others, problem solving and providing an atmosphere conducive to learning.
* Familiarity with basic computer functions including word processing programs and online mail systems.
* Reading skills to understand basic medical documents.
- Interpersonal skills to interact diplomatically and sensitively with acute patients.
* Acute care hospital experience
* Knowledge of patient care in hospital settings
* Transport and / or lift team experience
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />