Chief Pharmacy Officer
Play a key role with a world-class health system. Deliver executive-level pharmaceutical leadership that makes award-winning patient care possible. Make the most of your exceptional background and abilities. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
The Chief Pharmacy Officer provides direction, leadership and strategic vision for our system-wide pharmacy practice across the continuum of care. You will oversee procurement, distribution, administration, monitoring, security, education and research as it relates to the use of pharmaceutical agents. This vital position involves directing all aspects of quality, safety, regulatory compliance, and financial management, including budget planning, revenue optimization, clinical research support and development of initiatives to improve patient safety and achieve departmental and institutional goals. You will:
* Collaborate with Managed Care Contracting to develop reimbursement strategies
* Support Population Health in strategizing/optimizing prescription benefit plans
* Work with Legal and Government Relations regarding proposed changes to current or new federal and state laws/regulations
* Partner with Compliance and Risk Management to monitor drug utilization/drug diversion and regulatory compliance
* Support projects involving drug development, research and procurement of research drugs outside the U.S.
* Deliver lectures on pharmacy practice and medication safety to health systems and universities in China
* Represent UCLA Health on key state and national pharmacy executive committees and organizations
We're seeking a strong, independent clinical leader with a PharmD, an MBA/MHA/MS and:
* Ten or more years of progressive academic hospital leadership experience
* Proven success managing financial operations, personnel, quality outcomes, IT, strategic planning, etc.
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, EMR, electronic drug references, etc.
* Expertise with all relevant pharmacy technology
* Exceptional communication, interpersonal, prioritizing, and team-building skills
* Ability to read and interpret scientific literature and pharmacy/hospital business journals
* Expertise in maintaining compliance with California State Board of Pharmacy, relevant federal regulations and accreditation standards (e.g., CMS, Joint Commission, CDPH, etc.)
* Strong customer service orientation with an unwavering commitment to patient safety and quality
* Background managing inpatient pharmacies and extended services for surgery and infusion centers, hospital clinics, etc.
* Experience implementing pharmacy processes, technology, and capital projects
Named #1 in California and #4 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, UCLA Health features four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary/specialty care practices and urgent care centers throughout Southern California as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. If you're looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />