RN - PACU
We are looking for a PACU nurse to assume care of patients who are waking up from post-operative anesthesia. Applicant will be monitoring levels of consciousness, measuring vital signs, and treating post-operative side effects of anesthesia.
As a PACU nurse, applicant should have experience in caring for post-anesthesia patients and the ability to function in a high-pressure and dynamic environment. A successful PACU nurse will be someone whose experience gives patient confidence in the care they receive at our world class medical center.Qualifications
- 2 years PICU experience, required
- BSN or MSN, required
- California R.N. License, required
- BLS Certification, required
- Ability to perform historical, physical and behavioral status assessments of patients using appropriate framework.
- Demonstrated skill in the delivery of patient care, utilizing team total, primary, or functional systems.
- Skill in implementing appropriate nursing interventions on a consistent basis.
- Writing skills to document accurately interventions and patient response.
- Ability to develop and implement and evaluate patient care plan actively involving patients, family, and staff.
- Knowledge of POMR charting.
- Skill in setting priorities, organizing workload to effectively administer direct patient care.
- Skill in speaking English clearly and distinctly to interpret and describe patient assessments and
- identify nursing interventions and direct staff.
- Ability to work effectively with stress and in crisis situations
- Ability to comply with departmental standards on punctuality, attendance, dress code and varied work schedules.
- Knowledge and practice in the proper use of safe body mechanics.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />