Senior Fund Manager-OBGYN
The Senior Finance Analyst is responsible for fiscal management in support of the departments' clinical administrative, research and
education missions. In this role, you will analyze financial information; prepare forecasts, budgets and financial reports. Under the
direction of the CFO, you will manage gifts, contracts and grants, state and compensation plan funds; playing a crucial role in
the overall successful support and management of funding for the Faculty & Private Investigators (PIs).
As our Senior Finance Analyst, you will also develop administrative structures and business office systems and assures adherence to University policies and procedures, standards and regulations. You will monitor budget variances and provide financial and procedural reporting and analyses of Department funds and fiscal activities (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) and develop ad-hoc reporting, as requested. Participates with the CFO to develop long range goals, action plans and budgetsQualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as business administration, economics, etc. strongly preferred
- Three or more years of experience in finance and/or business
- Working knowledge of principles of accounting and financial management
- Demonstrated skill in financial analysis, planning, preparation and administration of
complex budget with multiple funding sources.
- Ability to establish, implement, monitor, and evaluate computerized financial planning, and management systems.
- Skill in budget preparation and management, preparation of financial reports
- Demonstrated writing skills to compose logical, comprehensive, and grammatically
correct correspondence, procedures, and reports.
- Skill in using PC's, Excel or other spreadsheet programs, database programs and
computer operating systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet changing deadlines
- Experience with University financial transactions including those related to UCLA
- Demonstrated knowledge of University and federal contract and grant fiscal policies
and procedures including proposal preparation requirements strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Center organizational structure, clinical, research, and
- Experience in working with agencies and institutions related to research
- Knowledge of university financial ledgers and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and industry funding agencies and their policies and
procedures regarding contracts, grants and subawards.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />