Front Office Admin Support - Oncology, Downtown LA
In this role, you will provide general and administrative support to the staff, physicians and
patients of the assigned Hematology Oncology Clinic. Schedule new consultations, coordinate and
follow up patient appointments and cancellations. Complete demographics, referral forms,
on-line transactions including appointment and procedure scheduling using the
Encounter Registration system. Create physician soft chart, explain billing
procedures, insurance requirements, and Collect insurance
cards and payments. Balance and deposit pretty cash and
checks, provide receipts to main cashier daily cash drawers.
Provide back up administrative support, triage calls, Xerox, collate and file
reports, sort and distribute mail. Obtain and document physician approval on all
pharmacy and patient request for prescriptions and refills. Obtain and set up
video equipment, reserve conference room and occasionally perform library
- Typing skills to prepare forms, manuscripts, and
correspondence with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to follow proper channels of policies &
procedures, communication & work standards.
- Skill to organize tasks to facilitate smooth work/patient
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual and maintain a
satisfactory attendance record.
- Ability to work overtime in cases of emergency.
- Skill in maintaining a harmonious work atmosphere,
practicing excellent customer service.
- Skill in speaking clearly and using proper grammar.
- Knowledge to schedule patients for referrals to specialists.
- Knowledge of major medical insurance plans.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />