Senior Analyst - Data
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will collaborate with Business Analysts and Data Architects. You will document current usage of data and its appropriate storage structures for use within the current business unit and across other lines of business. You will work with multiple data sources and across business lines to develop new data capabilities. You will create data models, data catalog, define metadata and recommend usage of such data. You will present recommendations to management and external stakeholders and provide guidance in selecting alternatives with impact to the team and the functional area’s bottom line. You will provide guidance, training, and mentorship to other analysts and team members.
- Support the delivery of customized analyses, leveraging internal and external, raw and published data, as well as structured and unstructured datasets.
- Understand competitive factors and Vizient differentiators for analysis and synthesize insights.
- Research and incorporate best practices into identification of data sources and analysis of information
- Lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements to ensure quality and timely project delivery.
- Establish strong working relationships and active communication with key stakeholders to effectively manage expectations.
- Act as a resource and mentor for colleagues with less experience.
- Present recommendations to internal and external stakeholders and help identify a course of action.
- Perform data modeling and data wrangling duties on various data sets.
- Leverage data to influence stakeholder decisions through advising and counseling.
- Plan and conduct stakeholder meetings to gather requirements and understand current business processes.
- Develop and maintain data models, data catalog and other data sets and coordinate with others on dependencies.
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of related experience required.
- Experience with Data Modeling and Data Wrangling required.
- Strong experience with MS Excel including pivot tables, charts, graphs, etc. required.
- Strong understanding of data models, schemas, SQL, and other relational databases required.
- Experience with BI tools including Power BI and Tableau preferred.
Estimated Hiring Range:$66,500.00 - $96,500.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.