Sr. Consultant, Product Compliance Mgt P (REMOTE)
Alternate Locations: Work from Home
Hybrid/Flexible : Work at home and use the office as appropriate for in-person collaboration.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 71355
The Role at a Glance
This is an individual contributor position with supervisory responsibilities requiring a skilled, self-motivated and independent senior level contract analyst with experience drafting and filing of group life and supplemental health insurance products. This position is responsible for analysis and implementation of regulatory changes, drafting contract forms and managing filings to support the development and marketing of Lincoln’s Group Insurance products. The incumbent should be capable of effectively managing multiple complex filings, projects, and priorities concurrently with competing deadlines and have a strong attention to detail and experience in supervising. This position plays a key role in a Department providing enterprise wide compliance and regulatory support.
What you'll be doing
- Reviews and interprets product specifications in order to draft contract forms that meet product requirements.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in consulting on product design and filing requirements with internal business partners in product, actuarial pricing, business operations, legal and regulatory, compliance as well as external state regulatory personnel.
- Directs and specifies project activity to support regulatory changes and product calendar deliverables.
- Drafts and secures internal approval of contract forms and obtains necessary state insurance department approvals within aggressive timeframes.
- Negotiates with Senior Management, product, implementation, legal, compliance, actuarial and state regulatory personnel to resolve any issues relevant to securing state approval of forms and rates, or to revise products or procedures for compliance with related State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Supervises 1 to 2 individuals on day-to-day activities including filing projects associated with the insurance products and their completion.
- Implements and controls approval and availability of related contract production print.
- Build, maintain and promote positive and effective working relationships with state/federal regulators, internal business partners, and legal/compliance partners.
- Evaluate and answer questions in relation to the interpretation of contract provisions as requested by internal and external customers.
- Works closely with legal counsel and internal business partners to promote and provide compliant solutions to address legal and regulatory requirements affecting contractual language and disclosure content.
- Collaborates with internal/external legal counsel and industry experts on interpretation of new regulations and law changes to assess their impact to contract forms.
- Act as the subject matter expert in drafting and securing internal & state approval of new and revised contract forms in response to product development activities and changes to State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Researches and provides direction for the implementation of revised contract forms resulting from regulatory changes.
- Supports the delivery of contract form information as requested by internal customers supporting market conduct exams, complaints resolution, etc.
- Leads projects from initiation to implementation.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's).
- 5 - 7+ years of industry, regulatory or legal experience. Prior experience working directly in group life and supplemental health insurance product development preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience using SERFF and INSource (Preferred).
- 2+ years of managerial/ supervisory experience (Preferred)
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $87,700 - $159,900
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.