Associate General Counsel –Litigation & Employment Law
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a broad array of legal matters for one of Allegis Group’s largest subsidiaries, Aerotek, Inc. The individual will need to have the requisite experience and skills to handle a significant volume of day-to-day legal matters while also providing strategic advice and counsel to internal stakeholders on discrete and routine business issues. Allegis is looking for a self-starter who is intelligent, hardworking, can work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and develop strong working relationships across the organization.
The Associate General Counsel will report to Aerotek Inc. Group General Counsel. Allegis takes pride in affording employees with on-going professional development opportunities. This is a unique opportunity to join a team of experienced attorneys who can provide active mentoring.
The ideal candidate will have experience with leading roles in litigation, arbitration, and mediation; and advising and supporting clients, business partners, and human resources and employee relations teams on a broad range of employment litigation matters. This role will involve reviewing and drafting policies and procedures in the recruiting, Human Resources, and employee relations spaces and applying creative, strategic solutions together with best practices to meet ongoing business priorities and client needs.
This attorney will review and advise on matters involving discipline and terminations, internal investigations, leaves of absence, wage and hour compliance, benefits, EEO compliance, restrictive covenants, contingent worker and co-employment issues in the staffing and services contexts. The Associate General Counsel will manage and/or provide strategic support on pre-litigation and litigation matters relating to the above substantive legal areas to best mitigate risk for Aerotek in a manner that aligns with business objectives.
The candidate will also be expected to handle additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Group General Counsel for Aerotek and other senior attorneys.
• Travel (20%)
• Position is based in Hanover, MD.
• Open to candidates outside of the DMV area.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
• J.D. with superior academic credentials from an accredited law school
• Law degree from accredited law school and admission to a state bar is required.
• Required Experience:
• 6-8 years of significant litigation experience supporting a service-based industry, preferably in employment law.
• Counseling on, or litigation related to federal and state employment laws and regulations (including ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, etc.)
• Managing all aspects of a wide variety of employment claims ranging from the administrative agency level through appeal
• Litigation management
• Solid business acumen and the ability to develop practical solutions that take account of underlying business objectives.
• In-house experience
• Experience negotiating contracts and commercial agreements
• Training and development of others and ability to modify delivery depending on the audience
• Confidence and enthusiasm.
• Strong writing and negotiating skills, as well as superior academic credentials, excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate well with all levels of management, employees and external contacts.
• High intellectual capacity and high personal standards of excellence; ability to understand and resolve complex legal issues and respond quickly to clients and third parties.
• Work well under pressure, handle numerous projects at once, and meet crucial internal and external deadlines while implementing creative solutions. Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with management and operations personnel, customers, contractors, in-house and outside attorneys, opposing counsel, regulatory agencies, representatives from other organizations and the general public.
• Ability to maintain discretion when working with confidential and sensitive information is essential.
• Strong sense of ethics and integrity and the ability to develop a relationship of trust and confidence with colleagues throughout the organization.
• Sense of curiosity and willingness to learn.
• Build relationships
• Develop people
• Lead change
• Inspire Others
• Think critically
• Communicate clearly
• Create accountability