Associate Director/Molecular Pathologist
LabCorp/OmniSeq, Inc, a molecular diagnostic service of LabCorp with focus on solid tumors, is seeking a Molecular Pathologist. The successful candidate will have an MD or MD/PhD with board certifications, or eligible, in Molecular Genetic Pathology (MGP) and Anatomic Pathology with relevant training/working experience. The pathologist will evaluate H-E slide for % tumor component, immunohistochemical slides for biomarker expression, and NGS (next generation sequencing) results/interpretations on a variety of solid tumors with report sign-out responsibilities. This individual will also work closely with lab director, lab technician/scientist and staff to provide technical, administrative, quality-managing, regulatory and educational supports. Outstanding opportunities exist for collaborative, translational research with members of R-D and bioinformatic's departments. Medical License, or eligible, in the State of New York is required.
- Responsible for assisting Laboratory Director in the overall operation and administration of the laboratory.
- Provide effective and efficient administrative direction of the laboratory, including operational planning, and QA/QC procedures in conjunction with other laboratory supervisory staff.
- Support the Laboratory Director on planning, managing and ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform diagnostic interpretation and electronic release of the significance of test findings with pertinent information.
- Responsible for training, proficiency and clinical sign out of NGS panel assays. Provide laboratory support for anatomic pathology / histology, review slides for pharma services and analytical validations.
- Evaluation of H-E and IHC stained tumor histology on glass slides or digital images.
- Analyze and respond to medical and pathology-related inquiries from clients. Resolution of technical problems and ensuring that remedial actions are taken. Support to initiate and actuate improved methods of services and direct their implementation.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administration. Build effective relationships with referring physicians and ensure excellent client follow up on reported cases.
- Promote effective intradepartmental relationships.
- If required, assesses CLIA-required competency for laboratory director.
- Support to initiate, interpret and enforce Laboratory Services procedures and maintain and interpret company policies and procedures.
- Support and participate new assay validation including assay design, selection of test methodology, optimization, test and production phases of new tests, and verification of test performance specifications.
- Support and participate in presentations at national scientific meetings and in preparing publications for submission to peer-reviewed journals.
MD or MD/PhD with board certifications, or eligible, in Molecular Genetic Pathology (MGP) and Anatomic Pathology with relevant training/working experience. Strong experience in NGS, preferred.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.