Vice President/General Manager (VPGM)
Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE: LH), an S&P 500 company is a leading life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, Labcorp delivers world-class diagnostics solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to provide better care. With net revenue in excess of $10 billion, Labcorp's 61,000 employees serve clients in 60 countries.
The Vice President/General Manager (VPGM) will have responsibility to grow the Florida markets within the Southeast Division, bringing continued growth and success with an emphasis on increasing market share by executing at the local/regional level. The VPGM has P&L responsibility for a $500M, 1,000+ employee team business, overseeing hospital laboratory operations, sales, business development, facilities management, phlebotomy/patient services, logistics, satellite labs, and accessioning.
- Drive continued growth through the deployment of proprietary, innovative tests; superior pricing strategy; services that enhance customer relationships; increased sales force effectiveness
- Understand changes in the healthcare industry that could potentially impact business opportunities. Utilize insight from market research to determine current business needs and opportunities for future business growth. Leverage existing relationships and establish new ones to achieve ongoing revenue
- Demonstrate a market orientation to credibly represent the division and deepen relationships with new and existing clients
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations for the region to advance strategy, culture, talent development, and operations with an emphasis on productivity and efficiency
- Build and foster an environment of excellence by assessing current talent and developing a high-performing team while establishing clear direction of responsibilities, objectives and goals that maintain an ongoing focus on business development and superior client service. Provide employees authority, training, information and resources to achieve their full potential and maintain a culture of accountability and execution
- Position and communicate the vision and services of the organization to customers, business partners and employees by maintaining a high degree of external visibility to enhance the division's credibility and maintain competitive advantage
- Support the development of collaborative relationships and foster an environment of open communication that stimulates a team oriented atmosphere to solve problems and identify new business opportunities
- Bachelor's degree; healthcare focus highly preferred; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive responsibilities in healthcare sales/marketing management; experience managing and leading operations teams; accountability for full and demonstrated ability in delivering P&L; leadership experience in Clinical Laboratory industry, a plus
- Previous experience running operations; preferably lab-related
- Previous experience, accountability for full P&L
- Extensive experience developing and delivering annual operating budgets
- Proven success in selling large accounts; developing productive senior leader relationships
- Proven ability in leading change management; talent development; and service development
- Proven ability to enable higher performance by driving continuous improvement resulting in improved strategic approaches
- Experience working, presenting and communicating with key stakeholders
- Provide leadership in the development and incorporation of the division's strategic plan
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .