Clinical Laboratory Manager - Molecular
Labcorp is seeking a full-time Clinical Laboratory Manager to oversee the molecular genetics and genomics department at MNG Laboratories in Atlanta, GA. MNG provides diagnostic tests such as whole genome and whole exome analyses and NGS panels for genetic conditions with a focus on neurological disorders. The molecular department interacts with MNG's neurochemistry department as well as Labcorp's extensive network of specialty laboratories. This is a leadership opportunity to join a growing lab where you will facilitate innovation, foster team building, and steer continuous improvement projects to provide the highest quality results for our patients.
The shift for this position will be: 1st Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Manage the daily operations of a high throughput diagnostic molecular genetics department with 18 employees.
- Direct the laboratory supervisor and develop staff to foster employee motivation and growth.
- Spearhead process updates to support capacity growth and continuous quality improvments. Manage implementation of new tests and equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and collaborate with Research and Development on assay enhancements.
- Provide oversight for quality control and quality assurance.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures as required by the department, company, and regulatory agencies.
- Comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and maintain familiarity with applicable professional guidelines
- Interact collaboratively with laboratory directors, laboratory staff, genetic counselors, and teams across the laboratory network.
- Perform individual assignments or projects as senior management may direct.
- BS/BA or higher with Molecular Biology or related science major.
- Specialty certification through ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology), certified Medical Technologist, or equivalent to be considered but not a requirement.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in clinical molecular genetics for the diagnosis of inherited disorders with at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with next generation sequencing technology.
- Experience implementing efficient processes.
- Working knowledge of CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments), CAP (College of American Pathologists) and relevant state regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and be meticulous
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic setting
Our U.S. Personal Choice Benefits
We believe improving health and lives starts from within. Learn about our comprehensive U.S. Personal Choice Benefits program, including wellness tools and resources.
Live your healthiest life
We offer a range of medical, dental and vision plans as well as life insurance and short-/long-term disability coverage. As a U.S. employee, you are automatically enrolled in our No Charge Laboratory Testing program.
Enjoy paid time off
Our hourly team members enjoy competitive time off and paid holiday leave. Our salaried U.S. team members have the flexibility to request time away from work, without the limits of accrued hours or carryover limits.
Reach your professional goals
We're proud to support every step of your career with 100% tuition coverage, professional development programs, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make your money go further
We are proud to offer a $300 fitness reimbursement, discounts on products and services, such as WW (Weight Watchers), cell phone services, computers, auto/home insurance, identity theft protection, legal assistance and more.
Promote inclusion and diversity
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are an important part of our culture. Through our ERGs our employees build career development skills, experience developmental opportunities and partner with volunteer organizations to strengthen our bond with communities
Invest in your wellbeing
We offer solutions for maintaining mental health, including live and personal wellness coaching, free premium mental health app access and an Employee Assistance Program which provides 24/7 confidential guidance from professional advisors.
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Commissions, and Company bonus where applicable. For more detailed information, please [Register to View] .