Healthcare Facilities Physical Environment Specialist
The Engineer provides information on the intent, applicability, and survey of standards in response to inquiries from internal and external customers within specified turnaround times to provide excellent customer service. Provides support in the accreditation review process, as well as participates as a consultant in the development and revision of standards and survey process. Serves as faculty for surveyor and other education programs, and represents the Joint Commission as liaison to various professional organizations. The Engineer serves as a mentor/coach/leader to the Life Safety Code Specialists, and provides additional support to accredited organizations and consultants.
We are seeking a local candidate who will be able to work a hybrid role, requiring time in The Joint Commission central office. We are located in Oakbrook Terrace.
- Healthcare Facilities Management experience with three to five years of progressive, leadership or supervisory experience, including experience in managing diverse multi-disciplinary teams of specialists. Minimum bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent preferred) with recognized certification (i.e. CHFM, CFPS, CHSP).
- Demonstrated customer service skills, including interpersonal skills related to effectively interacting with internal and external customers, sometimes in sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to assess educational needs and develop strategies to resolve.
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a fast-paced, highly stressed and visible environment.
- Strong computer skills preferred, including familiarity with databases, graphics, and word processing.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to travel at least 25% of work time on short notice.
Note: Successful applicants for domestic positions that require travel to a customer site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.