Senior Nutritional Scientist, Health & Wellbeing
Senior Nutritional Scientist, HEALTH & WELLBEING
Location: Englewood Cliffs
WHO ARE WE?
We are the Global Health & Wellbeing (H&W) team focused on one of Unilever’s largest growth opportunities – the €140bn Health & Wellbeing space defined by Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplements (VMS).
We work in an agile, fast-moving environment, collaboratively within the team and with our Unilever colleagues around the world. We work in a project based networked way where everyone needs to be able to take a step back and think strategically as well as rolling up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, to be entrepreneurial and experiment as well as bringing in the best of Unilever and work the structures of a large company, to take charge and lead as well as follow and support others.
Unilever’s Health & Wellbeing Group holds the company’s functional nutrition brands and the portfolio of brands that includes Equilibra (Italy) and US acquired brands Olly, LiquidIV, SmartyPants, Welly and Onnit. Each brand is completely unique and focused on giving consumers superior experiences within their respective spaces and target segments. We are committed to continue grow this strategic business for Unilever through a series of acquisitions and international expansion of acquired brands through Unilever’s scale and network in the markets.
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
The Nutrition Scientist will play a critical role in the Nutritional Sciences and Innovation team. They will be responsible for providing 1) Nutrition Education to the broader Global Health and wellbeing team and 2) key support for ingredient substantiation (claims and evidence generation). The Nutrition Scientist will provide subject matter expertise in nutritional sciences for key benefit areas of energy, immunity, digestive health, women’s health, hydration and sugar reduction across different innovation activities.
The role reports to the Global Director, Nutritional Sciences and Innovation, Health & Wellbeing and will interface with the Global and Regional R&D teams.
The role requires the ability to translate science into differentiated and meaningful business applications. Strong people and networking skills and a true passion for innovation also required.
- Develop Nutrition Education Content for the Global Health and Wellbeing Team, The Collectives and external customers
- Identify and validate new ingredients to be used across the Health and Wellbeing portfolio
- Identify and define global claims for Health and Wellbeing category; Lead global claims dossier submission
- Maintain the Ingredient and Claims Database
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to optimize transfer of new scientific insights
- Develops scientific positions and viewpoints relevant to the business
- Anticipates and manages potential business issues by predicting and responding to external scientific developments in the field
Support (within the broader NS&I team)
- Identify emerging trends for the key benefit areas: energy, immunity, digestive health, women’s health, hydration sugar reduction and emerging ingredients
- Facilitate front end innovation activities including but not limited to workshops, prototyping and claimstorming
- Support evidence generation activities including clinical and pre-clinical model (in vitro human models)
- Support identification and relationship building of Key Opinion Leaders and other scientific engagement activities such as Advisory Boards, Symposiums at Scientific Congress, etc.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Master’s degree required (PhD preferred) in nutrition science, food science, dietetics or similar discipline.
- 3+ years industry experience in a healthcare, consumer goods, food or pharmaceutical company
- Broad knowledge of Nutrition and Health Science
- Ability to translate nutrition science into consumer relevant propositions, claims and communication
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to senior management
- Networking and stakeholder management
- Attention to detail, excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to think flexibly in order to meet constantly shifting priorities and timelines and to independently provide solutions to issues.
- Problem-solving, troubleshooting skills and ability to find creative solutions
- Ability to work successfully in a ‘team-based’ environment
- Ability to manage external collaborations and projects
Additional info[Register to View]
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.