Sr. Manager – Solution and Service Management
For more than 170 years, Pfizer has continuously worked to make a difference by delivering innovative therapies that improve the lives of our patients. By building a talented community of colleagues that align with our patient-focused purpose and core values, Pfizer has improved global health and impacted more than 780 million patients around the world.
In 2021, Pfizer expanded its global footprint to Tampa, establishing a strategic powerhouse that brings together multi-disciplinary, professional services including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Digital, HR Services, Sourcing, Commercial and Project Management into a single, centralized location. With so many diverse and highly-skilled colleagues supporting multiple functions and services across the organization, Pfizer Tampa offers ample opportunity to engage in newer ways of working that enhance, simplify, and transform how we deliver treatments to our patients.
Located in Heights Union, the Pfizer Tampa site offers a modern industrial design, the latest in innovative technology, and close proximity to Downtown with views of the Tampa Riverwalk and access to the Channel district and Bayshore Boulevard. From an onsite fitness center to top floor panoramic balconies and outdoor patio, our activity-based space will provide various ways of working to offer collaboration and flexibility to colleagues. The Pfizer Tampa site has constructed an atmosphere that fosters interaction and prioritizes colleague health and wellness.
Additionally, to achieve breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, Pfizer is revolutionizing and evolving how colleagues work today. This year, Pfizer launched a new initiative that we call Log In For Your Day where a majority of colleagues can arrange with their manager to work remotely two or three days a week while still maintaining the ability to collaborate regularly in person at our sites. This flexible working model blends the best of remote work and on-site collaboration to drive greater flexibility, support work-life balance, and promote a vibrant, agile, and innovative culture.
Why Patients Need You
Technology impacts everything we do. Pfizer’s digital and ‘data first’ strategy focuses on implementing impactful and innovative technology solutions across all functions from research to manufacturing. Whether you are digitizing drug discovery and development, identifying solutions, or making our work easier and faster, you will be making a difference to countless lives.
What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Pfizer’s Digital Solution and Service Management organization. Our team is responsible for operations of all core digital systems across Market Access and Revenue Management solutions globally. Our mission is to help bring medicines to patients through the delivery of impactful and sustainable technology solutions. Through our team of talented technologists, we provide solution and service delivery, technology platforms managements, and optimization and application support excellence. The Senior manager, Solution and Service Management is a critical role in helping us achieve our mission.
The Senior manager, Solution and Service Management, will be responsible for managing support and operations of various solutions including but not limited to Trade, Channel management and Contract operations. This role will maintain stable, compliant, and reliable systems, engaging with customers and service providers to resolve issues, and partnering with solution delivery to deploy new solutions and capabilities. The qualified candidate will work with technologies, such as AWS, Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle, Informatica, Alteryx, Tableau as well as emerging capabilities including Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation and integrations with key enterprise and local edge systems. This role will participate and contribute as a team lead, manage deliverables, manage application releases and upgrades, collaborate with other support teams, drive continuous improvements, and ensure our solutions are supported with the highest level of customer satisfaction .
How You Will Achieve It
- Responsible to lead and manage deliverables of contractors and accountable for the quality and performance of application support
- Oversee and resolve high priority incidents for business users, provide guidance and direction to the team, and manage stakeholder communication
- Implement and execute operational compliance processes to ensure all application support activities are SOX compliant
- Manage application audits conducted on the supported platforms and solutions
- Ensure availability of all the supported platforms to minimize business impact
- Take leadership role to identify and implement continuous improvement and automation opportunities
- Act as Release manager for assigned applications with direct responsibility to lead platform upgrades, application maintenance releases and system patching.
- Manage and report on application support activities, operational and compliance processes
- Review service performance and participate in definition of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) as needed.
- Partner with Solution Delivery and Engineering leads to define and implement supportability requirements and manage transition of projects to long-term support.
- Ensure smooth transition of application upgrades and new capabilities to production support
- Assist with support contract renewals and manage software licenses
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in implementation and support of data analytics solutions using Informatica, AWS, Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle, Alteryx and Tableau
- Experience supporting applications and solutions in pharmaceutical industry with focus on Trade Operations, Order Management, Inventory Management, Market access and Revenue Management
- Good understanding of data compliance processes and controls like SOX, PII
- Deep knowledge of Agile methodologies and SDLC processes
- Experience managing colleague Teams, vendors and contracted resources in both a staff augmentation and outsourcing model
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills, communicate and liaise broadly across functions and the global organization.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Ambition to learn and utilize emerging technologies while working in a stimulating team environment
- Knowledge of systems within Market Access and Revenue Management function within Pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of Predictive analytics, Machine learning and Web applications.
- Process-oriented with strong organization, project management and coordination skills.
- ITIL/PMP certified
- Ability to adapt to changing working conditions and work assignments, to be open, and motivated to learn and adopt new ideas and concepts.
- Knowledge of database, storage, hosting, cloud, application, analytics and services technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling teamwork in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships across functions
- Experienced with managing staff and large numbers of geographically diverse onshore and offshore consultants
- Regulatory, compliance and risk management knowledge
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Primarily office/computer-based work
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Expectations around travel will be minimal but candidates must be capable of travel within the region, to other regions, and to other Pfizer sites.
- Pfizer Digital is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech#LI-PFE