Lab Manager Microbiology
LabCorp is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Manager to join our team in Seattle, WA. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: -Improving Health, Improving Lives-.This position will focus primarily on Oversight of the Microbiology department.
- Oversee the daily operational activities of the Microbiology department while implementing operational improvements to increase client satisfaction, quality performance, and operation efficiency.
- Provide leadership to all department team members and promote a positive environment.
- Mentors and provides necessary tools for team success.
- Effectively manage change, facilitate innovation and foster teambuilding to provide the highest quality and most cost effective laboratory product possible.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are meeting the needs of our clients, corporate service metrics, quality standards, and expectations.
- Resolves client inquiries and operational issues in a timely manner by consulting with the Medical Director, Technical Director, QA, other laboratory managers, discipline directors, laboratory directors or corporate operations.
- Ensures effective communication with Leadership, Clients, Sales, Corporate Operations, as well as direct reports and all departmental staff
- Conduct departmental meetings and ensures appropriate departmental communication* Investigate deviations from established procedures to ensure effective corrective action
- Ensure personnel competency and address performance related issues as necessary
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Requires a Bachelor's of Science degree and certification as a Medical Technologist or Clinical Lab Scientist
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
- Prior supervisor experience managing several direct reports preferred
- Experience in a high volume working environment
- Knowledge of quality assurance practices and procedures
- Understanding of operations as well as policies and procedures
- Proven ability to problem solve/troubleshoot and provide solutions under minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
- Must have experience with lab management and working in Microbiology
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Pay Range: $42.57-$69.37
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement between Dynacare Northwest, Inc. and United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 21. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 24 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), accrue up to 18 days of Annual Leave per year (includes 8 holidays) and Sick Leave (0.0333 hours of sick leave for each hour of work).
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .