Medical Lab Technician for Micro Dept, on-call
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Medical Lab Technician in Seattle, WA. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at Labcorp: -Improving Health, Improving Lives.
Schedule: on-call, variable hours/days
Department: Microbiology Department Location: 550 17th Ave
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Associates' Degree in a life science or laboratory science/Medical Technology
- Previous experience in a clinical laboratory is preferred
- Must be ASCP certified as a Medical Lab Technician or equivalent or eligible to take exam within 6 months
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.