Laboratory Team Leader
The work schedule for this position will be Monday - Friday (10:00pm - 6:30am) and alternating weekends.
- Assist the supervisor with the day to day operations of the department
- Send daily, weekly and monthly productions reports to management
- Assist with the training of new hires and the development of current employees
- Keep supervisor informed of group progress, problems, employee performance and any significant factors affecting assigned responsibilities
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to SOPs
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a Science related major
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist
- ASCP and/or AMT Certifications are a plus
- Florida state license is required
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience is a plus
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
In order to ensure the safety of our patients , this position requires as part of the post-offer onboarding process, successful completion of medical surveillance testing which includes: TB testing; proof of immunity or vaccination for Hepatitis B, Varicella, and MMR; proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (must be fully vaccinated: at least two weeks or more following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose series, or two or more weeks following receipt of a single-dose vaccine plus booster when eligible); annual flu vaccination; and color blind deficiency testing (if required by position). Labcorp will consider reasonable accommodations If you are in need of an exemption due to a medical contraindication/disability or religious belief.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.