IS Organizational Effectiveness, Senior Manager - US, Remote
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of.
IS Organizational Effectiveness, Senior Manager - US, Remote
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world! In this vital role, you will be focused on organizational change management, communications and learning, and performance. The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong leader with more than five years of related work experience.
People are at the heart of what we do, and the OE team works to enable the Digital, Technology, and Innovation (DTI) organization so that its people are positioned to learn, grow, and improve. The OE team drives growth and promotes continual learning across the DTI organization. The OE team uses people-focused approaches to introduce new initiatives and technical solutions to staff in IS and across the company. With experienced change practitioners, communications specialists, and learning professionals, the OE team works together to bring the right solutions to each project.
The OE senior manager will develop and lead organizational change management, communications, and learning strategies and processes that increase individual and organizational engagement to achieve Amgen’s business objectives within DTI and for the company. The OE senior manager will lead projects and provide consulting advice to product teams to ensure their programs have the necessary components for staff to successfully adopt new processes and systems.
- Lead the Digital Upskilling Program for the Digital, Technology, and Innovation (DTI) organization
- Lead the Onboarding Program within the DTI organization
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of Role-Based Curricula for critical roles within the DTI Organization
- Drive the DTI Learning and Performance strategy to support talent development and enable organizational effectiveness
- Works with product teams to develop organizational change management, communications, learning, and talent strategies for multiple IS initiatives
- Lead the design and implementation of new learning solutions with limited oversight
- Advocates for best-in-class organizational change management, communications, learning, and talent strategies throughout the DTI organization
- Drives continual improvement and technical innovation to meet OE and DTI objectives
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The IS professional we seek is a motivated professional with these qualifications:
- Doctorate degree, OR
- Master’s degree and 3 years of Change Management and Communications experience, OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Change Management and Communications experience, Or
- Associate’s degree and 10 years of Change Management and Communications experience, Or
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Change Management and Communications experience
- Strong training development and communication skills
- Subject Matter Expertise in Adult learning methodologies and role-based curricula training requirements for technical roles
- Experience with training assignment process and ability to identify areas of improvement
- Possesses a natural curiosity for innovative, people-focused strategies that drive targeted and high-impact results
- Possesses a strong oral and presentation skills; with an ability to negotiate, influence and persuade
- Ability to work with leaders and teams with technical backgrounds to design people-focused organizational change management, communications, learning, and talent programs to drive business results
- Understands an agile mindset and has experience working on teams using agile methodologies
- Ability to handle ambiguity and rapidly changing requirements
- Is an enthusiastic team player and self-starter with a serious commitment to hard work and excellence
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.