Lab Supervisor I
Supervises a team of both technical and non-technical employees. Responsible for scheduling, training, competency and ensuring the team meets all regulatory requirements for a CAP accredited lab.
Are you an experienced clinical laboratory professional looking for leadership opportunity? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor-Special Chemistry to join our team in Tampa, FL. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The schedule for this position will be Tuesday – Saturday: 3 AM – 12:00 Noon
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Special Chemistry Department/Lab Name department
- Ensure laboratory tests are accurately performed and results are reported in a timely manner
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory personnel of the department
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate assay coverage
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are properly staffed
- Research and resolve any production errors while escalating when necessary
- Engage in continuous process and service level improvements
- Ensure all equipment is being properly maintained through Quality Control
- Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and documents
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback for their development
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations
- Responsible for administering and managing policies and procedures
- Process and maintain payroll and personnel files
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a clinical laboratory
- Previous supervisor/leadership experience is highly preferred
- Florida state license as a Clinical Lab Supervisor is required
- ASCP and/or AMT Certifications are a plus
- Strong working knowledge of CLIA, CAP and relevant state regulations
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.