Head of Customer Service Excellence
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we believe people with Diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
We are seeking a new Head of Customer Service Excellence to work in our Alameda, CA Headquarters. The Director functions in a critical senior level leadership role developing customer experience strategy, tactics and execution plan to deliver against Area commercial strategic objectives and directly oversee support contact center operations; handling millions of contacts a year from consumers and health care providers, pharmacy/DME, hospital/clinical staff and caregivers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Oversee all aspects of Customer Support operations, including but not limited to, contact management, complaint handling, training and service quality, supplier management, warranty and return logistics, technical support, customer implementation and launch support for all ADC products and services.
Ensures that contact center operations is aided in their mission to provide a differentiated and exceptional customer experience in compliance with Abbott’s Quality System.
Ensures that Area Customer Service and BPO vendor partner(s) are meeting and exceeding business goals by directing an organization of both in house and outsourced partner vendors.
Direct the work of a broad range of Customer Service, Business Process Outsourcers (BPOs) and Technical Service teams within multi-million dollar budget.
- This role is responsible to attract talent, lead and develop the team to excellence through highly effective coaching and leadership
- Act as a change agent in the organization by influencing leadership as to the importance of the service organization and acceptance of the customer experience service strategy.
- Manage BPO performance with accountability for key conversational metrics including SLAs, AHT, CSAT, NPS, quality, cost to serve and similar performance indicators.
- Operating as liaison between Abbott’s Diabetes Care home office functions (Marketing, Finance, HR, Legal, Quality, R&D, and Field Sales, IT) and Senior Leadership as it pertains to service, voice of customer, product launches, digital service experience, support needs, technical issues and special projects for support program development and implementation.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. Specifically, oversee the management of the complaint intake portion of the quality system for ADC, ensuring integrity of records, operations to policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Quality and Regulatory Affairs, Global Strategic Marketing and R&D to ensure a positive impact on customer satisfaction, future sales and product improvements.
- Measure customer satisfaction and voice of customer on an ongoing basis and work as part of the Commercial team to foster continuous improvement of service and customer experience.
This position may travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or Related Technical discipline.
- Bachelors Degree required to understand technology capabilities; manage complex processes and broad range of people and processes
- Minimum 10 years in any combination of customer service/complaint handling management, implementation management, service operations management, program or project management and consulting
- Previous strategic planning, project and people management required
- Ability to easily manage and be flexible to fluctuations in demand of work and growth; effectively manage by reporting and strategizing on resource needs
- Post Graduate work in Business or Healthcare preferred
- In-depth expertise in contact center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning
- Strong working knowledge of communication channel operations (phone, email and live chat systems)
- Significant experience managing high volume outsourced contact centers and CRM systems
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] The salary for this role is between $178,700 – $357,300