Pricing - Manager
If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging financial/analytical problems while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 5 healthcare leader!
As a fully remote member of the Client and Network Pricing Team you will be responsible for tracking, analyzing, and delivering financial reporting for client agreements. A key focus will be creating robust projection methodologies and management strategies to meet our contractual commitments while minimizing risk. To accomplish this, you will work to optimize prices, develop financial forecasts, and track client and pharmacy guarantees by collaborating with various internal business partners. As a member of a highly focused, collaborative team, you will be responsible for strategic decisions and managing the process of competitive initiatives instituted to keep current with marketplace dynamics and to optimize profitability at a client level. You will have a tangible impact on CVS Health, driving client satisfaction and impacting the bottom line.
Your success will be determined by your ability to deliver exceptional support to our clients, ensuring we meet our commitments and appropriately manage risk for clients and the program. You will need to be a self-starter that brings a strong analytic mindset and strategic focus to a dynamic environment focusing on solving challenging financial problems. The ideal candidate will also have strong relationship building skills, excellent presentation and communication skills, solid technical skills, and fosters collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Evaluating financial performance and interpreting model outputs to recommend strategic pricing decisions
- Building customized reports concentrating on financial performance and offer actionable insights
- Collaborating with other team members and departments to develop and revise analytic models, methodologies, and reports that support CVS Health agreements to improve performance
- Prioritizing competing needs to ensure focus on highest impact activities
- Developing and assisting with coding logic in SAS, SQL, Excel, MS Access
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements with cross-functional team
- Reviewing data, prioritizing clients, and overall project tracking
- Ability to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new domains and underlying data sources
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
4+ years of relevant experience
2+ years experience working with complex, disparate data sets and performing detailed analyses, preferably with healthcare data
- Prior healthcare experience and domain knowledge, including health insurance, PBM contracting or pharmacy services
- Experience with administrative claims data, such as pharmacy or medical claims
- Outstanding financial acumen and ability to understand highly complex financial guarantee structures
- Experience in business intelligence or descriptive and diagnostics report design
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to construct innovating analytic solutions leveraging all available internal and external data sources
- Proficiency in SAS, SQL, R, Python, or another data-based programming language
- Knowledge of in-depth data modeling, statistical analysis, forecasting techniques, and optimization methodologies, especially as it pertains to pricing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
Advanced degree in Financial or Quantitative fields preferred
Equivalent Combination of education and experience may be considered
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.