CEO, Aetna Better Health of Louisiana
The Chief Executive Officer has the responsibility for growing and maintaining the Medicaid business in Louisiana. This includes general administration and implementation of all contract requirements, including ownership of profit and loss: meeting revenue, maintaining, and growing membership, network adequacy, member and provider satisfaction and operating income plans.
LOCATION - Must live in LA or be willing to relocate to Louisiana
Establishes and maintains an efficient innovative approach to for reviewing/assessing the State contract, providing consistent contract reporting, and suggesting actions to improve services to the State agency. • Communicates state agency requirements for program implementations; coordinates with internal resources to implement contract requirements; communicates ongoing implementation progress with representatives of the State and regulatory agencies. • Achieves and maintains full understanding of the contract/requirements, programs, and policies, including service scope, special service features, history of service issues, and contact with State representatives. • Responsible for managing the budget • Creates a macro-environmental view of competitive landscape, regulatory and legislative impact to the plan. • Develops safety net provider relations, provider services, community involvement and promotes awareness of the plan. • Strategic planning and development of operating plan to support business operations. • Builds commitment and support of matrix partners to achieve shared business goals. • Works with management team to develop quality improvement and cost savings initiatives. • Motivates and leads a high-performance management team, with a focus on recruiting, training, developing, and retaining experienced staff.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
OFFICE - New Orleans
• 10+ years progressive management experience in managed care or a health care related position, with demonstrated experience with all aspects of business development and financial management within a medical delivery and/or managed care systems.
• Knowledge and experience of Medicaid principles and strong State Regulator relationship management.
• Effective technical skills regarding health plan administration, profit and loss accountability, medical management, business development, member engagement, quality outcomes, NCQA accreditation, contract compliance, provider satisfaction, value-based contracting, local marketing/community outreach and state government affairs.
• Proven ability to work successfully within a matrix environment and influence internal stakeholders.
• Growth mindset and strong relationship management skills
• Strong people management skills and proven experience leading teams thru growth and change.
• Strong relationship management skills – internal stakeholders and external.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Focus on driving disciplined, fact-based decisions, and executing with discipline and urgency.
• Proven ability to effect change, meet business goals, monitor progress, and take corrective actions when necessary.
• Strong financial management and negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to understand business strategies and formulate concise solutions to complex problems.
• Align with the Heart at Work Behaviors of CVS Health – Put people first; Join forces; Inspire Trust; Rise to the Challenge; Create Simplicity
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Advanced Degree
• Bachelor's Degree
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.