Territory Manager III, CPT - California
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Territory Manager III, DBS
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum.
Abbott will soon have an opportunity available as a member of the regional sales team, the Territory Manager III will be responsible for developing and executing sales plans to exceed revenue and market penetration goals while ensuring alignment and collaboration across the team and with sales leadership. The incumbent will work in a highly matrixed, geographically diverse environment under general direction with clinical and sales teammates to identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by creating competency, comfort, and expertise with Abbott therapies among physicians, support staff and customers. The incumbent will perform work that involves a high degree of independence and will exercise sound judgment in planning, organizing, and performing work while continually seeking to improve territory efficiency.
What You’ll Work On
• Identifies strategies to increase referrals of Abbott therapies and overcome barriers that are restricting the
national growth and adoption of the therapies
• Integrates into accounts, builds trust, and establishes strong rapport with with new and existing customers, key
opinion leaders (KOLs), and industry leaders
• Generate additional sales revenue in assigned region by running initiatives targeted at increasing referrals of
• Exercises considerable latitude in determining the technical objective of work assignments
• Trains new Territory Mangers
• Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and
• Ensures prompt follow-up of sales leads, investigation of complaints, and timely completion and filing of
• Fosters high trust relationships with colleagues including the regional teams and area leadership
• Conducts evaluations and develops sales strategies for capital equipment opportunities within accounts
• Coordinates implanting schedules of aligned Territory Managers and Clinical Specialists
• Interfaces and interacts with patients up to 50% of the time
• Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively managing consigned inventory used in the territory
• Analyzes sales statistics, prepares reports, and performs required administrative sales duties such as filing
expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans
• Exercises authority to make sales commitments for assigned efforts and is accountable for results
• Attends trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased; meet other sales representatives and clients to discuss new product developments • Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments • Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors • Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned
• 5 or more years of sales experience, preferably in the medical devices industry
• Ability and willingness to travel within assigned area on a regular basis (% of travel varies by area)
• Capable and willing to work an unpredictable schedule that may change on short notice
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels and to large groups within and outside the organization
• Capable of managing multiple projects and accustomed to tight deadlines
• Prefer bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering or related field
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The salary for this role is between $39,000 – $97,000