Pharmacist - Long Term Care
We are searching for a Dispensing Pharmacist to join a very skilled, tenured team at the Omnicare of LaCrosse Pharmacy. Located in the beautiful Mississippi Valley on the border between Minnesota and Wisconsin. We are a closed door pharmacy, which is not face to face with customers delivering daily to Long Term facilities.
• Ensure accurate entry of orders
• Maintain security of the pharmacy
• Adhere to required delivery schedules
• Verify orders entered by technician staff for accuracy.
• Check for completeness and precision of all new and refill labels and orders.
• Check for content and accuracy of all drug packaging and labeling.
• Preparation and/or supervision of sterile IV drug products or solutions, if required.
• Assist in maintaining a perpetual inventory for schedule II drugs.
• Knowledge of DEA and state law with regards to controlled drug dispensing.
• Provide evening, weekend, and holiday coverage during scheduled rotation based on the needs of the business.
• Follow all applicable state and government regulations including HIPAA.
• Other duties as assigned (these vary by location).
This is a full time, benefit eligible position. CVS Health offers a competitive benefit package which includes, but is not limited to, Paid Time Off, Health/Dental/Vision insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program , 401K with a company match, and a generous employee discount at all CVS stores.
This is a full time position offering 30 hours per week. Rotating shifts scheduled between 9am and 7:30pm Mon-Fri and 9am - 5:30pm Saturdays. There is a Sunday/Holiday on-call requirement when you are working the weekend or holiday. The weekend rotation is about every 3 weeks.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
Must be a licensed pharmacist in the state of Wisconsin, must be active and in good standing
Long Term Care pharmacy experience preferred but NOT required
IV Certification or experience
Immunization certification or willingness to become immunization certified
Bachelors of Science Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.