Production Technician I/II (2nd shift - Compression)
Responsible for taking multiple excipients and active raw material through a design manufacturing process that produces a finished dosage form for the consumer. Operate and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment. Document activities as appropriate and perform specified quality checks.
• Document activities in MES and on paper records as well as clarify/explain variances with assistance from Production Technician III or Lead levels.
• Maintains expected right-the-first time documentation results.
• Perform general room and equipment cleans, set-up and documentation for two Bulk areas (Dispensing, Mixing, Milling, Fluid Bed Drying or Blending).
• Troubleshooting in two Bulk areas which may include:
• correctly identify visual end-points for wet
• adjust mesh size in Milling area for sieve testing
• properly identify equipment issues and
understand protocols for resolving equipment
• Perform general room and equipment cleans. equipment set-up, accurate set-up documentation, and perform start – of - run Z-test with minimal waste. Ability to perform disintegration testing prior to batch processing when required per master manufacturing record (MMR).
• Receives general instructions on routine assignments under general supervision. Receives detailed instructions on new work that may be closely supervised and reviewed.
• Adheres to cGMPs including: housekeeping, proper protection of product, quality, integrity, and personal hygiene.
• Train new and/or existing operators on acquired technical skills.
• Correctly set-up rooms and equipment.
• Conducts all assignments in a safe and organized manner. Appropriately utilizes and promotes personal protective equipment at all times. Demonstrates appropriate and professional values and behaviors at all times including interaction with co-workers, supervision, and other departments.
• Adhere to department goals and objectives. Know and understand key department objectives such as: safety, quality, attendance and production output.
• Adherence to all health, safety & environmental requirements in support of departmental and site HSE goals. Work in a safe and efficient manner.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $15.29 and $30.67/hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.