Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assists in the execution of the purchasing and financial planning activities for Franklin County Facilities.
- PO management includes creating, documenting and managing PO’s & Invoices for the Supplies and Outside Services budget of $3MM. PO’s include maintenance & facility contractor PO’s, equipment repairs, equipment and supply purchases.
- Creation of Utility PO’s and processing of monthly invoices, which includes working with local infrastructure such as the City of Columbus and AEP Power Company.
- Provides trouble shooting on invoice resolution through working with vendors and Abbott internal procurement teams.
- Excellent documentation skills in order to provide accurate data on 300+ PO’s including PO status, spend forecast projections, monthly accruals, etc.
- Emphasis on customer service skills. Good team collaboration and a full understanding of the category. Strong people and communication skills are a must.
- Works within defined processes and procedures.
- Performs routine professional-based activities. Communicate with departments to obtain needed information for the purchase.
- Assists on implementation of agreed purchasing strategies for category. Work with diverse suppliers. Meet periodically with divisional customers and support functions to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. This role is expected to make recommended improvements to existing processes that would impact the greater Procurement function. This type of activity happens on a daily interaction with stakeholders and monthly reviews of continuous improvement ideas.
- Execute procurement activities per company's Corporate and Purchasing Policies. The specialist is expected to execute, provide guidance, and come up with solutions through all daily activities. They own the resolution and will involve management if it is a larger compliance related theme that needs to be elevated for resolution.
- Developing procurement PO requests and approving invoices. 20%
- Assist in managing SOWs/RFI's/Ordering documents. 15%
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annually cashflows and projections. 10%
- Support Ops issues and invoice error resolution. This role follows a defined process based on guidance of Abbott policies, procedures and guidelines. They have the authority to guide and make decisions for issue resolutions. 10%
- Collaboration with functions including Accounts Payable, Corporate Finance, Facilities & Maintenance, Project Managers, and Project Finance. 10%
- Manage utility budget including forecasting and processing of monthly utility invoices. This role will annually work with Corporate Utilities on future year forecast needs based on historical data analysis. 5%
- Support ad-hoc/one off buys. The Specialist has authority and is expected to come up with independent solutions that fall within Abbott policy/ escalate to management as needed. 5%
- Provide monthly department budget and project expense accruals to Project Finance. 5%
- Manage PO approvals. Including fostering communications with management and next level approvers. 5%
- PO change management which includes the management of working with stakeholders and internal suppliers to appropriately document change requirements to contracts and Purchase orders. 5%
- Assist in onboarding new vendors through finance information gathering and entry into Abbott procurement system. 5%
- Assists in the creation and implement RFPs. Execute requests for proposals to multiple suppliers for businesses based on adhoc/no strategic requests. 5%
- Performs routine professional-based activities for entry level position daily.
- Support savings outcomes.
- Minimum of an Associates, Bachelors Degree preferred (± 16 years)
- CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification desired.
- Excellent problem solving and people skills.
- Strong communication skills written and verbal.
- 1 year in procurement