Manager, Commercial Excellence
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our field-based location in either Santa Clara, CA, Alpharetta, GA, or Austin, TX currently has an opportunity for a Manager, Commercial Excellence. This role will promote Abbott Vascular products through education of current and potential customers and procedure coverage within a defined territory/region/area by providing clinical education and sales support in order to assist in achieving projected sales goals and increasing sales revenues within assigned product lines.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Manager, Commercial Excellence will be responsible for development and implementation of Power BI reporting and analytical models in support of the commercial organization. This individual will play a critical role in assisting in the ongoing transition from legacy reporting tools to Power BI. Responsible for translating real-world, abstract business questions into business models that identify patterns and trends and provide business insight. A combination of Power BI architecture and design best practices, Data Governance, Power BI tool knowledge, Business and IT Coordination skills are critical for success in this role.
- Power BI development and administration
- Building Analysis Services reporting models
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop
- Quickly demonstrate understanding of business use cases and implications of various data structures and visualization options
- Connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data for Business Intelligence
- Implement row level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop
- Utilize advance level calculations on the data set
- Responsible for design methodology and project documentation
- Able to develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with warehouse standards
- Adept in developing, publishing and scheduling Power BI reports as per the business requirements
- Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis
- Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation
- In collaboration with subject matter experts and data stewards, defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete and reliable
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience of 5+ years in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects.
- Experience of 5+ years and familiarity with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
- 2 to 3 years of direct experience using Power BI as an enterprise reporting solution
- Should be familiar and experienced in SQL
- Comfortable working in newly forming, ambiguous areas where learning and adaptability are key skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced environment
- Intellectually rigorous, analytical, and curious
- Dynamic, motivated, resourceful, and results-oriented creative thinker and problem solver
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]