Research Assistant- Animal Ops
Join us and discover why Labcorp Drug Development has been named by Fortune® Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies 2022 for the fourth consecutive year, by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2022 and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term career!
What you will be doing:
As a Research Assistant you’ll apply your scientific curiosity by researching the performance of pharmacological tasks associated with early development animal research studies.
- Handle, manipulate and restrain small animals to conduct procedures, including but not limited to, health checks, weighing, measuring and dosing by multiple routes: PO, IP, IV, SC, IM, ID, IT, blood collection, tissue excision, and implants. Accurately report clinical signs under guidance from supervisor. Internal certification required prior to client work
- Ability to accurately and reliably collect data using standard measuring equipment (eg. calipers) and analytical balances and record detailed clinical signs/necropsy results using lab information management software to track data.
- Possess a basic understanding of one or more disease models and related pharmacology, biology, procedures and data generation
- With guidance from supervisor, perform drug preparation
- Maintain laboratory supply stocks and periodically clean laboratories and equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to SOPs and accepted lab practices/procedures
- Utmost attention and awareness of humane animal care practices and initiatives to be applied in daily work. In-depth knowledge of Animal Care and Use principles and applications
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Works in a research environment with exposure to sharps and substances of unknown hazard.
- Must function and adequately perform all responsibilities associated with the job while adhering to various established safety and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and bend and move within rack/bubble environment.
- Regularly works with animals with risk of exposure to allergens, zoonotic diseases and biohazards.
- This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday and/or afterhours shift coverage, as needed.
- Laboratory is Biosafety Level II
How you will be rewarded!
Working in Ann Arbor, MI our In-Vivo Research Assistants:
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences
- A combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience with in vivo pharmacology will be considered in lieu of Bachelors’ Degree
- LAT Certification preferred but not required
- Zero to one year including internship experience
- Animal handling experience preferred but not required
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .