Analyst, Actuarial - Small Group Stop Loss (Remote Flexible)
This position is responsible for supporting rate development and filings in the Individual and Small Group ACA markets
- Apply quantitative skills and analytical methods to rate reviews, rate filings and other projects
- Contribute to achievement of profitability and membership goals by acting as a strategic partner with business partners
- Use strong technical skills in a functional manner and develop fundamental business and product knowledge
- Set and manage priorities as needed to meet pre-established deadlines; act independently with guidance from supervisors
- Interact with regulators and communicate both in response to rate filing objections and proactively as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication to various audiences to establish strong relationships and to effectively convey observations and recommendations
- Participate in the broader ACA team and foster a team environment of trust and collaboration.
- Establish understanding of competitive landscape and competitor prices compared to Aetna rates so that recommended rate levels can be developed
- Recommend decisions logically based on data and business knowledge; evaluate multiple information sources to rationalize recommended course of action, recognizing risks and opportunities
- Work with multiple business partners (Segment Management, Network, Contracting, Product, Finance, Compliance, Market Actuaries) to achieve pricing and product objectives
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Minimum of 1 year actuarial or related work experience.
- Successful completion of 2 Society of Actuaries exams
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite: proficiency in Excel, some knowledge of access
- Ability to work with large and detailed data sets
- Strong communication skills
- Solid technical/analytical skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with ACA markets
- Knowledge of SAS/SQL
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.