Phlebotomy Trainee - Get Paid To Go To Phlebotomy School
Have you ever thought about pursuing a career in the medical field? Labcorp has a program to make that happen! We are now offering a Phlebotomy Trainee Program where we will provide all of the training required to become a Washington State Licensed Phlebotomist!
We are currently seeking entry level team players that are motivated by the opportunity to help others, grow in their career and obtain a phlebotomy license for a position at our Patient Service Center in Seattle WA. Our Phlebotomy Trainee Program allows applicants to work in our Patient Service Center part-time as a Patient Intake Representative and go to school for Phlebotomy part-time all while getting paid! Once licensed, employees will be promoted into a phlebotomy position within the department. This role gives applicants an opportunity for career growth and development. If you are passionate about helping people and are looking for a career opportunity, then Labcorp is a great next step!
Pay Range: $18.79 - $24.81
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm and rotating Saturdays
Work Location: Seattle, WA
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement between Dynacare Northwest, Inc. and United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 21. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 24 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), accrue up to 18 days of Annual Leave per year (includes 8 holidays) and Sick Leave (0.0333 hours of sick leave for each hour of work).
- Successfully attend assigned phlebotomy school (paid for by Labcorp) within 30 days of hire
- Direct observation of phlebotomy collections within a PSC or clinic environment to prepare for phlebotomy role
- Schedule patient appointments and greet patients upon appointment arrival
- Ensure a welcoming environment for all patients and visitors
- Assist patients with registration and check in procedures
- Data entry of patient demographics and billing information
- Verification of insurance coverage and collect/post payments to patient accounts
- Collect and prepare specimens for testing and analysis when needed
- Call physician offices to confirm the accuracy of test orders
- Monitor and log patient wait times on a regular basis
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus
- Excellent customer service and strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced atmosphere
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Alpha-Numeric Data Entry proficiency
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .