Senior Financial Reporting Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Financial Accounting Services Team within the General Accounting area with a focus on business operations accounting. General Accounting provides timely, accurate and quality financial support and services. We deliver standardization and optimization solutions for our business partners. We support a variety of business areas allowing diverse exposure to areas including Claim Accounting, Commercial Accounting, Settlement Statements, Fixed Assets & Intangibles, Investment accounting, Overpayment Recoveries and Treasury Services across the Aetna business segment.
General Accounting Senior Analyst - Financial Accounting Services - Responsible for the completion of certain accounting tasks - including but not limited to General Ledger journal entries, accounting research, reporting, month end close process, reconciliations, and process improvement/automation.
This position will be involved in many production functions related to cash, overpayment recoveries and claim accounting as well as other month end and quarterly deliverables. Some key responsibilities of the position will include:
• Prepare daily, monthly, and quarterly accounting entries for cash and claim accounting
• Assist with complex balance sheet reconciliations related to claim accounting
• Collaborate with key stakeholders across multiple business units to understand the complexity of the current process and system, identifying associated risks from the existing framework, and providing methodologies to optimize operational efficiency and drive improvements and automation where possible.
• Strategic thinker working independently thinking through issues from beginning to end.
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Properly identifies and communicates areas of concern to leadership with recommendation for resolution.
• Continuous process improvement/efficiency mindset.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 2+ years of accounting or financial experience
• 2+ years of Accounting Controls and Processing experience
• 2+ years of Excel skills
• 5+ years of accounting or finance experience
• Degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
• Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment
• Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
• Possess analytical skills and be inherently inquisitive
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research and data analysis.
• Customer service mindset
• Self-initiating, highly motivated individual comfortable working in entrepreneurial environment.
• Comfortable with managing competing priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• General Ledger experience in Oracle or S4
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.