Divisional Vice President, Global Operations, Vascular
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists
The role of the Divisional Vice President, Global Operations is to develop strategic Operations plans that support Vascular’s short- and long-term goals and objectives. This role is responsible for ensuring excellent operational execution across a large, global manufacturing network while contributing to the business’ growth and gross margin targets. Primary functions under this role include manufacturing, product support, supply chain (materials management and distribution), facility operations and maintenance, and safety. This role will interface closely with R&D, Regulatory, Finance, Quality, and Commercial (Sales and Marketing) to ensure business goals are met, and high quality (QSR and ISO compliant), cost effective production and product availability is achieved, with minimal customer issues.
This role will be based in Temecula, California and will report directly to the Division President of Abbott’s Vascular business.
What You’ll Work On
- Responsible for all global operational areas associated with Vascular’s manufactured products, including facilities, supply chain, employee health and safety, and capital projects.
- Establishes short and long-term plans for Operations to ensure that annual and strategic business goals and objectives are met.
- Leads Operations functions to ensure maximum use of resources and to achieve optimal performance and output.
- Ensures all global sites achieve superior manufacturing, quality, materials management, and logistics outcomes and that all plant operations are compliant with FDA, ISO, EH&S, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Structures Operations staff to build a strong team and provide the necessary leadership to ensure steady development of talent for future leadership positions.
- This position is critical towards sustaining sales and margin growth and is responsible for leading efforts to improve product quality while reducing product costs.
- Failure to manage the operations associated with manufacturing, quality, materials management and distribution would significantly compromise the achievement of profit and loss commitments for the Vascular Division and would jeopardize short- and long- term commercial objectives.
This role is responsible for a global Operations network that includes 5 manufacturing sites, 1 headquarter facility, 1 US distribution center, and 1 international distribution center, and approximately 5,800 employees and contractors, globally.
- BA/BS degree in business administration, engineering, finance, or the sciences and/or equivalent training and experience; Masters’ Degree in the life sciences, engineering or business is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall operations experience, resulting in at least 2 years of experience managing large organizations with global footprints and/or manufacturing activities, and/or technical teams; Medical device experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of GMP regulations, ISO requirements and other regulatory bodies is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in financial planning and management, resource planning and management, project portfolio management, team building and team performance, and with manufacturing equipment/automation/MRP systems is preferred.
- Diverse operations experience in regulated industries across multiple functions (manufacturing, tech support, supply chain, logistics, etc.) with success delivering on both operations and strategic business goals.
- Respected by organization for knowledge of standards and products, objectivity, transparency, and making difficult decisions in the best interest of the business, customers, and patients. Openly communicates objectives, directions, and values to broader operations organization.
- Is able to swiftly move between details and strategy; Ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates resiliency and bias towards action to engage, challenge, and influence peers, business leaders on key strategies and decisions. Fosters a culture where speed and agility of manufacturing product is not at the expense of quality and compliance.
- Relentless focus to grow margin, market share, and brand awareness without compromising quality; willing to make tough decisions that balance short-term and long-term organizational objectives.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and is able to communicate effectively across different audiences from the C-suite to the plant floor.
- Makes development of key talent and succession a priority. Proven ability to create a sustainable infrastructure and environment that enables growth.
- Maintains accountability for financial stewardship and overall operations network with consideration of economies of scale.
[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
The salary for this role is between $225,300 – $450,700