Authorised Treatment Center (ATC) Engagement Associate Director , Italy
Reporting to the Country Commercial Director for Haematology, the main responsibility of the Associate Director, Authorised Treatment Center (ATC) Engagement is to ensure identification, activation and onboarding of Authorised Treatment Centres (ATCs), and ongoing engagement to ensure the Healthcare Professionals (HCP and patient experiences are seamless throughout the treatment journey. This role will be managing the Central and South region of Italy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as primary point of contact for all stakeholders at ATC and proactively supports multiple ATCs.
- Leads the engagement with internal cross-functional teams (e.g. Patient Services/Case Management, Apheresis Operations, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Data, Technology & Engineering (DTE) etc.) as well as act as the main point of contact with multiple external stakeholders within the ATCs (Healthcare providers, Finance, Technology, etc) to ensure successful activation of these ATCs.
- Defines the on-boarding strategy and lead the co-ordination activation process for all ATCs in territory (starts pre-approval).
- Engages with ATCs, thought leaders and management teams to support all centre onboarding and activation steps.
- Oversees and coordinates appropriate training measures for all relevant stakeholders in the clinic and the treating teams.
- Leads and manages the ATC core internal team and provides guidance to all support functions involved in ATC activation and the patient treatment journey resulting in optimal ATC and patient experience.
- Drives and implements the overall ATC program strategy as well as develops and owns ATC account plans and objectives (excluding sales) and ensures regular reporting of progress made vs goals.
- Provides guidance to the ATCs to ensure patients can be treated (at regulatory approval) with our new technology rapidly and easily after their identification.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline
- Requires extensive experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical or medical technology environment (Key Account Management/ Sales, Reimbursement Management, Medical Affairs, Market Access, etc.)
- Scientific/medical background
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to lead and influence a cross-functional team
- Ability to build strong internal as well as external relationships to enhance and strengthen represent the company’s profile
- Ability to lead a project team, to oversee generation of insights and apply those insights to business problems/opportunities and make strategic recommendations
- Established strong network in the industry and ability to build and maintain networks
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) at all levels and ability to influence at a senior level, both internally and externally
- Knowledge and understanding of Cell and Gene Therapy and/or rare disease market
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and fast-growing organization with demonstrated capability to be at ease in a matrix structure with ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and make strategic recommendations
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a high quality and customer focused service
- Hands-on approach, with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Good project management skills
- Ability to prioritize, demonstrating first class organizational skills and time management skills
- Solid understanding of the compliance framework with a high level of integrity
- Committed to learning and development
- Good IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Fluent in English
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [Register to View]