Accounting/Financial Reporting Manager
This role will lead the Health Care Benefits Consolidations team in monthly balance sheet and cash flow reporting responsibilities fulfilling accurate and timely compilation and review. Also responsible for various elements of the monthly GAAP financial statement close. This role also includes leading various accounting/financial reporting projects including evaluating, recommending and developing appropriate solutions and strategies that drive specific financial reporting initiatives and contribute to enhanced process efficiencies.
This is a hybrid position and candidate should be flexible to be in the office as requested.
• Responsible for various elements of the monthly financial GAAP close process including: review and distribution of the consolidated financial statements, indirect cash flow statement/reconciliations, recording/reviewing of consolidating journal entries, maintenance and reconciliation of financial systems including Oracle and SAP, etc.
• Prepare account analysis, drill downs and roll-forwards to help identify unusual balance sheet and resulting cash flow results, trends, issues, etc. by utilizing data in Oracle, SAP, and Hyperion. Work with appropriate responsible parties (i.e., actuaries, segment finance, department managers, etc.) to resolve.
• Responsible for reconciling divestiture and acquisition transactions for purposes of accurate reporting within the cash flow statement. Assist in closing out divested entities in the general ledger system.
• Assist in the balance sheet/cash flow forecast production activities including utilization of the cash flow Hyperion system ensuring proper consolidation and timely and accurate variance analysis.
• Responsible for or assist with various financial reporting requirements for both balance sheet and cash flow, including analysis of monthly actuals versus forecast and investigation of variances, analysis of variances between forecast rounds, analysis of trends in certain cash flow metrics, etc.
• Responsible for maintaining integrity of the Hyperion cash flow system including working with IT on design revisions, new accounts, adjustments to structure, updating webforms as needed, etc.
• Identify and support the implementation of new reporting and disclosure requirements as directed by CVS/SEC/Policy departments.
• Facilitate the completion of annual GAAP financial statement audits, quarterly reviews and SOX compliance documentation reviews.
• Support and/or implement change to create efficiencies, improve processes, comply with new or revised reporting requirements, etc. (e.g., improved management information requirements, financial information systems, financial planning and analysis tools, new products and services, internal control enhancements).
• Provide accurate, timely and insightful analysis in response to ad hoc management requests and issues.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 5+ years of experience in accounting, finance or relevant positions
• 1+ years proficient experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint including skills such as pivot tables, vlookups/hlookups, index, and matching
• 1+ years experience of balance sheet/cash flow financial reporting and closing cycle
• Job experience in related field or CPA designation preferred
• Familiarity with maintaining financial systems and structures
• Oracle, Hyperion and/or SAP experience preferred
• Ability to effectively analyze and interpret financial data as well as convey findings
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Experience improving processes in areas such as accounting close, financial reporting, and management analysis
• Demonstrated organizational and communication skills required
• Organized team player who works collaboratively within work teams
• Healthcare insurance industry knowledge
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.