Senior Data Engineer
Join the Data and Analytics Engineering team to drive data, analytics, and insights transforming the healthcare industry. As a core member of the data engineering team, you will be responsible to build and deliver best in class data products and analytics solutions on Google Cloud / Azure Platform and on-prem infrastructure for the Pharmacy Specialty Service Analytics & Behavior Change group.
• Collaborate with business partners to identify opportunities to leverage structured, semi structured, and unstructured data to make analytics faster, more insightful, and more efficient.
• Build the next generation data solutions using core data technologies in support of next best actions.
• Execute a highly scalable data architecture and data platforms which enables data integration, data management, and analysis of massive data sets from multiple channels.
• Work closely with data scientists on preparing feature sets, deep exploration of data elements, integrate ML and NLP based models on the data pipeline and productionize models.
• Re-engineer existing on-prem solutions to the cloud platform as well as address performance optimization of the data pipelines.
• Bring a DevOps mindset to enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
5 or more years of progressively complex related experience in data analytics, including hands-on experience on data integration, ETL pipelines, data architecture and design patterns, data security, cloud engineering and automation.
• Expertise in GCP strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of Python and/or PySpark strongly preferred.
• Knowledge in one or more of the following a plus: Java, Cassandra, Pig, Hive, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
• Knowledge of HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
• In-depth knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
• Proven ability to create innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems.
• Able to translate analytical problems and business requirements into technical requirements and further into implementation.
• Strong analytical, conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Experience building and implementing data transformation and processing solutions.
• Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form. Collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
• Ability to understand and build complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Master's degree a plus.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.