Inventory Control Exception Monitor- Imperial Valley
Starting Rate: $17.00 per hour
2nd shift Full Time: 4pm-Finish Monday-Friday
Primary responsibility to monitor modules for exceptions for inventory and location discrepancies. Also responsible for conducting physical inventories, researching locator problems, and adjusting the book inventory with the approval of the Inventory Control Supervisor. Responsible for assigned production locations and thereby the Warehouse Service Level.
• Make necessary adjustments to the inventory by completing an Inventory Transaction form with the Inventory Control, Supervisor’s approval and, when necessary, keypunch this data into the system to include keypunching markouts.
• Audit daily all of the previous day’s purchase orders; research any discrepancies and make the necessary adjustments with the Inventory Control Supervisor’s approval and report the discrepancies as errors.
• Check the Item Backup Report for credits; research the credits and take the necessary action to alleviate the credit, either by expediting the merchandise to the pick location or by making an approved adjustment to the inventory.
• Take other physical inventories as requested by Management, Buyers, Accounting, Merchandise Billing, or Production.
• Perform scanning functions when required, and make adjustments as requested by the appropriate personnel.
• Conduct Cycle Counts as required and communicate with Buyers, Buyer’s Secretaries, Accounting Personnel, Merchandise Billing, CO-OP, the Inventory Control Supervisor, and other Management members regarding any inventory discrepancies.
• During cycle counts and daily operations, review any merchandise with an expiration date, date code, or lot control number, and expedite the Return-To-Vendor (RTV) procedure by notifying the Buyer and Returns Processor, adjusting the inventory, and moving the merchandise to Returns.
• When required, operate turret trucks, fork trucks, order pickers, or any other mobile-powered equipment in a safe, responsible manner as defined in the Operation training and Certification Program and through Management directives.
• Review the new items reports daily to identify items to be slotted.
• Review each day’s receipts and the new items staging area throughout the day for any new items to be assigned locations (slotted).
• Allocate a home and pick location for each regular new item by attaching item tickets to the home location rack.
• Cut cartons, determine the proper stock prep code, and then fill the assigned location with the new item.
• Monitor merchandise velocity reports regularly to determine when changes or revamps are necessary.
• Remove discontinued merchandise from all of its Pick, Backup and Random locations and remove all item tickets. Notify Return Goods personnel or Supervisor when completed.
• Complete a Daily Activity Worksheet neatly and accurately and submit it to the I.C. Supervisor at the end of each workday.
• Maintain neat and accurate files of all slotting activity as a backup to the on-line system.
• Process and prepare all transfer requests.
• Perform other duties as requested by Supervisor/Management.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in Inventory Control in a warehouse environment
• Must be self-motivated and a team player able to work independently and in groups.
• Must have a good attendance and safety record
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have good math and problem-solving skills and be able to reason logically.
• Ability to read, write and count accurately.
• Ability to operate a computer, calculator, and other office equipment.
• Ability to interact on a professional level, whether by telephone or other means, with all support areas.
• Must work with a sense of urgency.
• Experience with WMS necessary
• Will provide training on power equipment
• Lifting: occasional light.
• Frequent bending/reaching/stooping; constant walking/standing/climbing
Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability, to interact on a professional level, whether by telephone or otherwise, with all support areas (internal and external).
• Ability to read, write and count accurately.
• Ability to operate (to height of 40 feet) and be certified as an operator of fork trucks and other powered mobile equipment as needed.
• Detail oriented with above average math aptitude.
• Ability to operate a calculator and other office equipment.
• (Physical Demands: This position has a frequent-medium heavy lifting requirement of 1 – 20 lbs, 34-66% of time. Occasional very heavy lifting requirement of up to 75 lbs, 0-33% of time. Other physical activities include constant bending/reaching/stooping, (67-100%). Constant walking/standing climbing (67-100%).
• Normal eyesight (natural or corrected).
• Regular and Reliable attendance
• Work Environment: Warehouse environment, which includes seasonal temperature changes, rolling equipment and conveyors
High School diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.