Associate Manager, Business Strategy & Applications (BSA)
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
Astellas is announcing an Associate Manager, Business Strategy & Applications opportunity. This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Hybrid work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas’ Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in Hybrid work are encouraged to apply.
The Associate Manager, Business Strategy & Applications (BSA), provides analytics expertise to multiple stakeholders across Astellas value chain including sales and marketing, commercial strategy, portfolio strategy and finance. The person executes statistical data analysis through assessment and understanding of internal datasets used by Advanced Informatics & Analytics (AIA), including but not limited to sales and cost data, real-world databases (e.g, EMR, claims, etc.) across Astellas entire value chain, geographic footprint, and therapeutic areas. The deliverables of the Associate Manger BSA are an integral part of the AIA mission and requires expertise in creation, quality control and maintenance of statistics programs. The Manager will be able to recognize statistical issues as they create project charter, data definitions and analyses in a post-hoc manner from existing databases and will be able to collaborate with AIA colleagues to address these issues under the direction of an AIA colleague with statistical expertise
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Execute on multiple concomitant AIA projects, including but not limited to, evidence generation using real world data, time series sales forecasting, cost estimation for trials or other related areas.
- Responsible for the statistical contribution to internal studies to support AIA objectives.
- Develop and maintain R, Python, SAS/SQL programs for the creation of tables, figures, and deliverables for each project. Must be able to meet timelines with minimal supervision of progress.
- Develops programming expertise in advanced statistical and simulation methodologies
- Develop data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence and/or data modeling plans to support AIA projects and programs
- Meets regularly with AIA colleagues and other internal stakeholders to ensure mutual understanding of the project design, required output and timelines.
- Stays current on AIA data sources and participates in acquisitions, divestitures, and partnerships to improve divisional efficiency and drive innovation. Collaborates with Finance, Information Systems, and the AIA team to acquire new data.
- Maintains technical expertise on AIA systems and participates in training stakeholders on analytical deliverables to improve organizational efficiencies.
- Provide expertise in building in-house tools to enable rapid, high-quality execution for key routine analytics
- Deliver multiple projects within stipulated timeline and enhance analytical capability of the customers
- Reduce outsourcing of AA projects and increase analytical efficiency
- Identify new applications of existing data
The Associate Manger BSA reports to the Director, Lead of BSA. They will have multiple cross-collaborative project teams and matrix responsibilities across the AIA division. The Associate Manager will collaborate with the following colleagues:
- Strategic functions – including portfolio and marketing strategy
- Market Access/Pharmacovigilance
- Clinical Development
- External: Astellas partners, Vendors