Architect, Supply Chain Digital & Technology
GSK is one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We embark on a significant transformation journey to support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organization.
This is an exciting time to join GSK. We are embracing new data technologies to improve the development, manufacture, and distribution of GSK’s vital products to patients and consumers worldwide. You will be part of a team building a robust data and analytics ecosystem, allowing GSK to drive higher value by placing data at the core of its strategic and operational decisions. This is a rapidly growing area and you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your skill set to keep up with the ever-growing demands of a modern data platform and applied data science platforms.
We are seeking a talented Manufacturing Architect with solid understanding of manufacturing systems and integration of manufacturing systems with cloud environments. Your role will involve designing and implementing robust integration solutions that connect manufacturing systems, such as IoT devices, Historians, MES and PLC, with cloud-based platforms. You will be responsible for ensuring seamless data flow, real-time monitoring, and analytics capabilities to drive business use cases that will build next generation manufacturing organization
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Business & Stakeholder engagement – Work across complex matrix teams with internal and external partners in the exploration, evaluation, and design of smart manufacturing solutions
- Architecture & Strategy – Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into integration strategies and architecture.
- Technology evaluation & selection – Principal Architect will be responsible to envision & execute Proof of concept and Proof of value for various technology solutions and frameworks that enables seamless integration of manufacturing data with the Data & Analytics solutions.
- Collaboration & communication – Collaborate and work closely with executives, stakeholder and business teams to effectively communicate architecture strategy & clearly articulate the business value. Also, Principal Architect should be able to drive and influence multiple architecture teams towards a common goal through effective communication
- Continuous Learning - Staying up to date with emerging technologies and trends in data engineering, and making recommendations for their adoption wherever appropriate
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Manufacturing Architect or similar role, with expertise in integrating manufacturing and supply chain systems with cloud environments.
- 5+ years of experience with SAP
- 3+ years of experience with cloud platforms
- 12+ years of overall work experience
- Experience in Data Engineering and AI/ML
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Familiarity with various RDBMS, distributed columnar data stores, NoSQL databases including graph databases, time-series databases, data streaming using Kafka, Events Hub, or Kinesis
- Basic knowledge of data visualization toolsets like PowerBI, Tableau, or Spotfire
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols used in manufacturing systems, such as OPC (OLE for Process Control), or MQTT (Message Queuing Telemetry Transport)
- Strong understanding of manufacturing systems, including MES, SCADA, DCS, PLC, and their integration requirements.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical & Life Sciences domain is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud security, vulnerability assessments, threat modeling, and network security to design systems that protect sensitive manufacturing data from potential threats
- Experience in design and implementation of Digital Twins
- Experience working with regulated systems including GxP, SoX, HIPAA, and GDPR.
- Professional Architect License or Equivalent certification from any public cloud provider, preferably, Microsoft Azure.
- Enterprise Architecture certifications like OPEN CA, TOGAF, Zachman EA, ITIL Master, CISSP or similar
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.