In this role, you will be responsible for researching, analyzing and interpreting state regulatory requirements, developing and drafting state-specific benefit contract language, preparing and managing regulatory submissions and negotiating to approval, and various compliance activities all in support of development, implementation and ongoing support of CVS Health products, programs and initiatives.
Additional responsibilities can include:
- Develop, draft, submit and negotiate timely approval of
high-quality regulatory filings that comply with state and
federal regulatory requirements, support business
requirements, and meet business expectations and
- Proactively project manage each filing project, working
with internal business partners, counsel, and regulators to ensure accurate and compliant contract content that
achieves business objectives.
- Negotiate and resolve business or compliance conflicts
and product/business changes.
- Facilitate and expedite the resolution of issues pertaining to
product and legislative filings.
- Obtain regulatory approvals within aggressive timelines.
- Ensure that filings and projects reflect P&RA and business priorities and meet P&RA filing deadlines and metrics. Provide early alerts to management when deadlines are in jeopardy and strategize with management on solutions.
- Identify opportunities to streamline processes and
improve efficiencies within P&RA and with key business
- Exhibit behaviors and values outlined in CVS Health's
How We Work Behaviors and the P&RA Way, acting with
professionalism and integrity.
- Effectively communicate with multiple levels of the
- Serve as a regulatory subject matter expert for business,
compliance, and legal partners.
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
[Register to View]
3+ years of insurance industry, regulatory or legal experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Paralegal certificate beneficial
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Ability to navigate multiple software
- Strong project management skills, the ability to manage
multiple priorities simultaneously, and proven ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with different audiences.
- The ability to "manage up" and communicate effectively
with various levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to take on progressively more
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry and
regulatory environment, including in-depth knowledge of
Aetna products, services, business units and
administrative procedures strongly preferred.
- Experience with SERFF, QuickBase and SharePoint a
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experienceBusiness Overview
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.