Inventory Control Analyst
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This is a position opportunity based in the commercial offices in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our location San Juan, Puerto Rico in the Nutrition Division. Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
The Analyst Control Inventory s responsible will work under limited supervision, performs inventory movement and clerical duties in the materials control area, such as (but not limited to): receiving, stocking, and issuing materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Work is performed in accordance with established materials control, inventory, warehousing and purchasing procedures. Takes initiative to improve work product and processes. May be accountable for reviewing work of less experienced employees for quality and content. Adapts existing work methods to different situations. Can resolve unusual, nonstandard problems; refers only significant deviations from approved policy/practice to supervisor or more senior level personnel for resolution. Assures that quality of services meets internal and external customer requirements. May represent organization and resolve problems/determine priorities related to the above.
What You’ll Do
• Participates in cycle count process and physical inventories.
• Creates and maintains all types of material transaction records, such as receipts, transfers, issues, returns, shipments, and adjustments.
• Enters and maintains purchase orders (P.O.’s) in manual and computer manufacturing/business systems.
• Coordinates replacement of stock and expenses items by interfacing with procurement personnel.
• Prepares reports and inventory analyses as required.
• May maintain and perform receiving, stock, and shipping duties per documented procedures. May fill requests for parts as required, and issue components or supplies as necessary.
• May maintain line stocks as defined by management.
• Notifies supervisor of the need to replenish supplies/materials and of any difficulties that cannot be readily corrected.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
• Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties as directed or assigned
• Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Science or related field.
• Minimum of 1 year of Supply Chain / Inventory experience.
• Proficient in English and Spanish.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attentiveness to detail and the ability to work under minimal supervision is required.
• Must be adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner while meeting assigned deadlines. Must also have demonstrated verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and basic math skills.
• MS Office (Excel, PP, Word) proficient.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.