Specialist, Financial Planning
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
This position maintains a financial planning system and reports to support the business in decision making. Strive for excellence and innovation in driving efficiencies in the Financial Planning department, as well as providing excellent internal customer service to other Emergent departments.
• Generate monthly actual and forecast statements and annual budget financial statements
• Analyze and perform variance analysis on financial statements
• Act as a business partner to the business operations personnel
• Maintain accounts/coding in TM1
• Prepare monthly/Quarterly schedules
• Assist with long-range financial planning for the business
• Co-ordinate allocations for forecast purposes
• Working on projects independently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
• Qualified candidates will have or be working towards an accounting designation such as a CA, CMA, CGA, or CPA and have a minimum of 5 years related experience. As well, the successful candidate will have experience with Microsoft Excel, be highly organized and be willing to work independently or as part of a team.
• Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines is essential. Position will also include other duties as assigned, which may include assistance in other areas of accounting such as cost or project accounting.
• He/She will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. He/She will have a good working knowledge of ERP systems and Microsoft Office, have excellent problem solving skills and be very detail oriented. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant accounting experience in a fast paced Research & Development/Manufacturing environment.
As part of our team, you'll join talented and inspiring colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. We offer highly diverse career opportunities, a supportive culture, competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements and an extensive benefits package. Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our [Register to View] .