Lab Supervisor, Incoming Lab (1st Shift) - Sturgis, MI Plant
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
For over 70 years, Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., has been impacting its community while producing products that provide essential nutrition to millions of families around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family that is dedicated to making a difference and helping others.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- This position is on 1st shift; however, is responsible for the Incoming Lab's 3-shift operation.
- Direct Reports: 3-5 individuals. The team implements, maintains, and executes the receipt, sampling and testing of incoming materials for production use (raw ingredients and packaging material commodities).
- Supervise technicians to ensure timely and accurate receipt, sampling and testing of incoming materials and maintain adequate production support.
- Assure completion of required training per training manual; assure new hire personnel are properly trained in procedures, test methods and safety practices.
- Train in all incoming testing methods and other processes to support the team with direct activity as needed to support the business needs.
- Other responsibilities include troubleshooting, project work, proficiency testing, technician training and auditing methods, procedure reviews, vendor audits, technician performance reviews and budget planning/management.
- Supervise the coordination of material holds and isolations.
- Direct liaison with suppliers, Global Supplier Quality Assurance (GSQA) and Regional Incoming Quality Assurance (RIQA).
- Works directly with GSQA and RIQA on vendor issues.
- Maintain contact with the vendors who supply materials, keeping track of vendor performance, dispositioning nonconforming materials and vendor (CAPA) for all nonconformances.
- Responsible for maintaining good working relationships with vendors, tracking vendor performance and address any performance issues with the vendor and following up on vendor corrective actions.
- Prepare and coordinate corrective action program for sanitation, GMP, compliance and safety audits.
- Tracks destructs for raw ingredients and packaging commodities on a monthly basis
- Assists the lab manager with the Incoming Material budget and planning the department Long Range Plan (LRP).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Bacteriology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, or other technical degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 1+ years' Supervisor experience
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity and Military/Veteran friendly Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.